range of the spark

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

fowlhabbitnj

So I have a Seadoo rx Di I am looking for a second ski for my wife and the spark seemed to fit the bill it will be cheap, reliable and four stroke. My question is how long can she ride it until she needs fuel. Will it be comparable to my RX will We need to stay near a ramp. I usually ride out the river to the inlet get lunch and then return its a long ride I would say 25 miles each way I have to get fuel at lunch on my old ski which was a carb model XPL for the ride home and would have to try hard to conserve fuel. (I Like to ride WOT).

hi just spent a day out on my spark and my friend on his rx di, the spark is empty, the rx has 3 bars left. Cheers patrick

Thanks for the reply do you know how long you actually rode the ski if we could get four hours "riding time" that would be great guy offered my 3500 for my speedster. Really thinking about a Spark.

Thanks for the reply do you know how long you actually rode the ski if we could get four hours "riding time" that would be great guy offered my 3500 for my speedster. Really thinking about a Spark.

We have 2 1/2 hours on new 3 up 90 HO and still have 1/2 tank. We are not running hard due to break in but believe 4 hrs is doable.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the reply I am hoping on the new sparks they increase fuel capacity slightly from what I've seen there looks like room. I will try to get her the 3 up 90 HO. Unless I can find a well priced carb model gtx in my area. Being that its salt water most of our skis don't last long.

We have 2 sparks. My son has a 900HO 2up and I have a 900HO 3up. We rode yesterday for a good 4 1/2 hours. When we pulled them out it just started to beep low fuel. When we fill them up they both took 6.6 gallons. I think the tank on them are 7.8 gallons don't know how that compares with your other ski. Also we we in the sports mode probably 95% of the time, that is something also to consider for fuel mileage. Another thing is we were using them as they are intended, they are a blast on the lake.

2014-05-25-34231.jpg2014-05-25-34261.jpgi get 4h out of mine - but this is hardcore riding. get one, you will LOVE it!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the great replies gives me the info I need. If the guy comes through making an offer on my jet boat ill pick up a spark. That's a great picture what a place to ride!

My wife who rides easy got 1.25 GPH on her HO and my vtech tune got 2.3 GPH riden hard. Id say 3 hours minimum with 5 to 6 for those putting around.

With 6 hours on mine and a full tank I cruised about 35-40 MPH and some High speed and some wake zones and got 3 hours before the fuel light came on and that means there is 2 gallons of reserve left.

So 6 Gallons equaled 3 hours riding.

Back