Question: keel protector necessary for polytec hull?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mlandel

Premium Member
Premium Member
I have a 2020 GTI SE with the polytec 2 hull. It is likely that I will be pulling this up on a freshwater beach. Should I apply some form of keel protector, and if so,what do folks recommend?
Alternatively does the forum recommend that I anchor offshore and swim to the PWC? It would seem that the hull material should be fine for sand. I have whitewater kayaked for years and never cared about sand and rocks for those plastic hulls.
Finally, does your advice change if the beach is slightly rocky (I am in the northeast)?
Looking forward to your thoughts. It seems like the last time this was discussed was well before the Polytec and Polytec 2 hull materials were employed.

Polytec Gen II material is highly scratch resistant, meaning there's nothing to worry about when you pull up on shore. And any repairs are quick and simple, so you're back on the water sooner.

That’s from the Sea Doo website, little strange it’s okay to beach it and it’s easy to fix the impending damage.

Kayaks and canoes have been using it for years, seems it does scratch but who cares on a kayak.

Last edited:
No paint to get scratched up, and the polytechnic hull should resist scratches well and even most scratches or gouges from rocks. But expect the rocks to put some noticeable scratches or gouges in your hull, nothing that requires repair. I don’t beach mine, but the polytechnic hull is pretty resistant for beaching.

I know some folks here in Florida like Gator Glide… I don’t have any experience with it and I don’t know how well it works or improves the durability of a Polytechnic hull. I think it is more widely used on Yamaha skis.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back