PWCGraphics- mine are on the way!

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
Him using the dry technique has nothing at all to do with the graphics having air bubbles and starting to peel already. The fact they looked like garbage from packaging/shipping has 100% to do with it.

I seen the pictures a couple of you guys posted on here when you got your graphics from him and how flat they were. Honestly I couldnt believe how bad mine looked after seeing those pictures.

Last edited by a moderator:
Did you call & explain to mike about the packaging& damage? He seems like the kind of guy who would take care of it.....

I dont think anyone was saying the air bubbles came from the dry method, more just stating what we did for the original poster. Most of us do not put graphics on all the time and the dry method is more for a pro not a rookie.

Pictures....

Managed to get one side on last night, I'm quite happy with the color choices...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    186.5 KB · Views: 36
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    142.1 KB · Views: 31
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    161.1 KB · Views: 33
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 32
Sorry for the late response - been super busy.

Just would like to pop in and go over some concerns.

the_hog contacted me about the problems he experienced with the packaging - I would have exchanged the graphics, but he said that his installer took care of it and also seemed like he was pleased after the installation. I never saw photos of the condition of the box / graphics after shipment.
There are differences between "tunneling" and "wrinkling" - A wrinkle will form when the graphic is folded over and then creased. Sometimes, if not too bad, this will flatten out and disappear during installation. A tunnel is what happens when graphics are rolled up with the application tape. To a degree, a small amount of tunneling is unavoidable, but as mentioned earlier - I have already ordered a different type of application tape to help with this issue. Tunneling will not have any bearing on the installation of the graphics (especially if using a wet application).

Bubbles are in no way associated with wrinkles or tunneling. If there are any bubbles in the final install - that was 100% a problem with the installation. I have been installing vinyl for over 20 years and many times, I will get bubbles if installing graphics dry with the exception of my printed graphics that utilize an air tunneling adhesive system.
The same goes for the graphics peeling - this has nothing to do with any shipping methods used and likely due to failure to remove all wax and or oil residue from the surface before installation.
Even so - If you would like to give me a call, I would be happy to work with you to replace any graphics that might be peeling.

On another note - it was mentioned earlier about not receiving graphics with application tape. Application tape serves 2 purposes: 1. to keep cut sections of vinyl all positioned correctly and 2. to make the vinyl "thicker" so it is more manageable during the installation.

When doing standard cut graphics (such as the_hog's flame graphics) the application tape keeps all the small flame sections intact so they do not have to be installed 1 at a time.

On larger, mostly solid, graphics that are printed - there is a heavy, clear laminating film applied. This film makes the graphics thicker and eliminates the need for application tape as they are much easier to handle. App tape is still used on printed graphics where many cut sections need to be installed as 1 single decal.

When in doubt - just shoot me over an email and I would be happy to help out. i always stand behind my work and in some cases have even replaced graphics when the installer admittedly made a mistake with the installation. I want to be sure that all customers are happy with their purchase.

Thanks!
Mike

Bubbles are in no way associated with wrinkles or tunneling. If there are any bubbles in the final install - that was 100% a problem with the installation. I have been installing vinyl for over 20 years and many times, I will get bubbles if installing graphics dry with the exception of my printed graphics that utilize an air tunneling adhesive system.
The same goes for the graphics peeling - this has nothing to do with any shipping methods used and likely due to failure to remove all wax and or oil residue from the surface before installation.
Even so - If you would like to give me a call, I would be happy to work with you to replace any graphics that might be peeling.

Not to beat a dead horse but I disagree. With that said I am done with the subject and done hi jacking the thread.

To the OP, glad the your graphics turned out good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back