PWC1000 and RXT

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Blowout

I found a 2007 RTX to buy, but need to get a trailer for it.

1997 PWC1000 Shoreland'r with a load capacity of 1000lbs and thought I would ask if anyone thinks this trailer would be a problem with an RXT.

The Shoreland'r website indicates using a PWC12LTL with the RXT. The L is suppose to represent Long according to the Shoreland'r customer service person I spoke to. He thought the only difference between the PWC1000 and PWC12LTL was the tire size. When I looked up the spec on both, the tire sizes were the same. Now I'm not sure if the customer service person was smoking something and I was just a distraction.:willy_nilly:

Anybody have either an GTX/RXT on a PWC1000?

thanks for any assistance on this.

It looks like the RTX is 815 lbs dry and estimate wet it would be 965 lbs. I sure wouldn't put a box on the front.

I would imagine the max haul weight would have some margin of safety in it.

Any insight would be appreciated.

Rxt

I have a 2008 RXT I"m using a 1200lb loadrite trailer. The RXT weighs 1000lb wet gas and oil not counting all your gear you are going to carry. I also think it would be a safety issue and I wouldn't risk it.Nothing worse than breaking down. Good Luck! Dave

I have a 2008 RXT I"m using a 1200lb loadrite trailer. The RXT weighs 1000lb wet gas and oil not counting all your gear you are going to carry. I also think it would be a safety issue and I wouldn't risk it.Nothing worse than breaking down. Good Luck! Dave

Thanks Dave...I'll keep looking for a higher payload trailer. Phill

if its a 3in channel trailer, it'll work....(meaning, any single teailer will work with that ski) Check the tires/wheels on it, it'll have "load" range printed on it, which will represent "each" tire.

if its a 3in channel trailer, it'll work....(meaning, any single teailer will work with that ski) Check the tires/wheels on it, it'll have "load" range printed on it, which will represent "each" tire.

I'll check the rails.

Whats funny is that the 1997 and earlier PWC1000 models have a 1000 lbs rating for the 4.8 x 12B tires and 1998 and later 4.8 x 12B tires have a 780 lbs rating.

In 2001 the trailer rating for the PWC1000 is 1000 lbs and then in 2002 the ratng goes to 1200 lbs. Same tire 4.8 x 12 B both years. Can't find anything else different in the trailers looking at the bracket sizes and such.
Now I'm :confused:

I found the different years of the Shoreland'r trailer manuals at glmarine. Great Lakes Marine.

The trailer will work. I'd suggest, is to remove the 12in tires, and get somw 13's.....175-80-13. May need to "lift" the fender some, maybe not, but will give much more "tire" for trailering, along with suspension.

Thanks for the input.

Any preference between Zieman and Shoreland'r for a single ski trailer?

I was told it's best not to get a box channel because it will rust from the inside out when water gets in. An I channel was better because of this.

Thanks for the input.

Any preference between Zieman and Shoreland'r for a single ski trailer?

I was told it's best not to get a box channel because it will rust from the inside out when water gets in. An I channel was better because of this.

I agree, thats why i mentioned "channel", which is the "C" design metal. DOnt want "box" metal frame, it'll rust/pocket water, from within. I like the longrun trailers, there longer, so less tires/vehicle, entering water at docks, but either/any company will work.

I agree, thats why i mentioned "channel", which is the "C" design metal. DOnt want "box" metal frame, it'll rust/pocket water, from within. I like the longrun trailers, there longer, so less tires/vehicle, entering water at docks, but either/any company will work.

Thanks again for the input! I'm learning correct terminology here. :cheers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back