Putting a 951 where a 787 was?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

chucked

So I just submitted the thread where I asked about getting the hours off of something where the infocenter was hard to read... When it occured to me...
So... I have a SUPER clean 1997 Seadoo GSX 787, and a complete 1998 Seadoo GSX LTD 951 that is wrecked..... So should I put the 951 where the 787 is??? Are the hull fittings the same for the motor mounts, exhaust, and everything?

You would have to glass in new mounts and change exhaust location I believe

95 XP800!!!
Keep the 2 strokes alive!

Anything can be done for enough time and money, but I'm afraid this swap would require too much time and money to make it viable. Besides unless something is wrong with the 787 it's a much more reliable engine than the 951.

Lou

It's been done before so it is certainly doable. You have most everything you need to accomplish the feat, but it would be a lot of time, some frustration and you will probably be upside down cost wise.
Hey if it "flips your skirt tail up," then go for it.

you could always always just flip the skis, trade motor and stuff and then sell the gsx ltd with an 787 in it lol, try and get some money back. I thought about doing a 951 in an x4 and that was my idea.

it's just the front motor mount. build a crossbar, or make a new drainage tunnel and and glass a new mount in. you won't gain any speed or anything without some pump work. if you're worried about 951 reliability, richen the carbs up, they're tuned way to lean from the factory. swap mpems and wiring harnesses and you'll be fine.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back