Purchasing a 2008 GTX 155 - what to look for?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Brandon B

I'm likely buying on 08 GTX 155 on Friday. This thing still looks brand new and only has 155 hours on it. It does not have the SC, so no worries there. What sort of wear items should I be looking for on a this 10 year old ski? Thanks in advance!!!

I'm likely buying on 08 GTX 155 on Friday. This thing still looks brand new and only has 155 hours on it. It does not have the SC, so no worries there. What sort of wear items should I be looking for on a this 10 year old ski? Thanks in advance!!!

Common wear items are the impeller, wear ring, pump bearing. Problem is that these are not easily inspectable and typically require disassembly. I would recommend downloading the owners manual for that ski and check the recommended maintenance schedule. My 2011 has some 100 hour requirements. If there are 100 hour requirements and not conducted, either use that info for price bargaining or have owner get the maintenace completed.

Don't buy without a thorough test drive. If it is not getting close to 55 MPH then likely the impeller of wear ring requires replacement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back