Pump housing split right open

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

JBoss

This is going to be expensive...

I finally get a chance to reassemble the drive after changing out a carbon seal, everything is going together well...

Until it comes time to torque the pump housing to the ride plate.
I follow what the good book says, washer-lock washer-nut, thought it was odd it didn’t call for locktight, but that’s what it says.

Start them all by hand, and go around 1-3-2-4 tightening them a few turns at a time with a torque wrench set to 26 lb-ft.

First three get a click no problem, go to number four, and it’s taking a little longer. I figure, I’m good, I’m using the right tool, it’ll tell me when it gets to spec.

Then it starts getting easier to turn.
Okay, stop, what’s going on?

The plastic hole in the top of the housing is split wide open, and I’m pretty sure that the stud coming out the back of the ride plate is turning too.

My question:
1. Is this something that OSD would be able to fix in a rebuild? I know it would most likely be an extra charge, and I’d be okay with that.
2. Would I be better better off buying a new impeller housing, preferably one that’s all metal, if they still make them?

Thanks in advance for anyone’s help, and sorry if this post is a little rant-y. It just seems like it’s one thing after another...IMG_0281.JPGIMG_0282.JPG

The problem is the little flat washer you are using. It should be a large diameter and thick fender washer, not that little one.

download.jpg
And no. you can't repair that pump, you will need anew housing and/or pump.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back