Pulling engine not how to question

Status
Not open for further replies.

97explorer717

Mainly how much needs to be removed? Head Pipe, exhaust? Looks like it would be pretty tight coming through that hole with everything connected. Just thinking about swapping some engines around. 97 GTX 787

I’ve never pulled one from a GTX hull, but on the X4’s I just pull the exhaust and the carbs and then lift the motor out. I think you can do the same for the GTX hull as well.

Mainly how much needs to be removed? Head Pipe, exhaust? Looks like it would be pretty tight coming through that hole with everything connected. Just thinking about swapping some engines around. 97 GTX 787

I pulled the engines from my 97' GTX and 96' GSX. You don't need to separate the pipe at the large clamp, but do disconnect it at the manifold piece at the top and remove the airbox/carbs. Disconnect everything else of course, but the oil and water lines on the backside you'll have an easier time once you lift it up enough to access.

I pulled the engines from my 97' GTX and 96' GSX. You don't need to separate the pipe at the large clamp, but do disconnect it at the manifold piece at the top and remove the airbox/carbs. Disconnect everything else of course, but the oil and water lines on the backside you'll have an easier time once you lift it up enough to access.
Thanks! That's exactly what I was looking for. I wanted to leave the exhaust entirely but after I thought about it, it's just one gasket. Well plus 2 carbs gaskets.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back