Pulled the trigger

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

tmthunder

Well after a year of looking I finally purchased a left over 2011 230SE HO. This thing is a blast to run. I am very excited!! Today was the first day out and while looking things over I have noticed several of my cushions have the dreaded pink spots bleeding through!!!! I had this happen on my last boat and on several of my friends boats. Have any of you had this problem with your Sea-Doo's? If so did BRP come good to replace the cushions. The boat now has 2 hours on it and this is driving me crazy....

Other than the pink spots the boat is a lot of fun. I need to adjust the neutral position because it continues to move forward while in neutral and this was a little un-nerving this morning at the dock. Also my steering seems to be messed up. If I hold the wheel straight under power the boat goes to the port. I need to keep the wheel at least 90 degrees to the starboard to keep the boat going straight. The dealer tried to adjust this after we took it out for the test ride before I purchased it. They thought they had corrected it but it is not... Is there anything that I can measure?? Thank you for the help!
Brian

congrats man! As far as the nuetral thing, it's a jet boat and will never have a true nuetral. As long as water is pumping thru it, it will move. Was it windy when you went out? I know that when it's windy out, I have to keep my wheel turned to stay straight, but that's again, a jet boat thing.

Thanks! It was not windy and it didn't seem to matter if I was going slow or if I was under power at 40mph it still required the steering correctioin. As for the neutral I am going to adjust the gate to see if I can make it better. I understand that it will never be a true neutral but hopefully I can find a virtual neutral. Can't wait to put some more time on it and get through the break in period to see what it will really do...

Another question are all of the toggle switches supposed to have lights in them? Reason I ask is my Nav/Off/Anchor switch does not light up nor does my toggle that controls the display functions up and down

Congrats on your purchase! Welcome to the club.. Does your boat come with the neutral lock feature? I thought all 2011's come with it... Post some pics!

It does have neutral lock according to the brochure. I am not sure what it is supposed to do?? The one thing I noticed is that when in neutral you can not move the throttle is that the neutral lock? I will post pics once I get it cleaned up.

It does have neutral lock according to the brochure. I am not sure what it is supposed to do?? The one thing I noticed is that when in neutral you can not move the throttle is that the neutral lock? I will post pics once I get it cleaned up.

Hmm then something is wrong, because when I put my boat in neutral it doesn't move forward, it does however turn in a circle slowly

Hey. I have a 2008 230 se supercharged....as far as the neutral you won't get it...unless your much newer model year has something fancy on it. I actually like the fact that in neutral it goes forward slowly...use it a lot to go on and off my floating dock. As far as the steering...wind and current does play a big role in the steering BUT when I point the wheel straight it does go straight. Oh and as far as you trying to find a virtual neutral...look into those stabilizer fins for the boat...you will lose some top speed (these bots can affford it cause they are super fast at 62mph) but they help a lot with low speed maneurving (neutral your looking for). Not sure the name of the stabilizer fins but just do a search and you will find it. Good luck and let us know how the boat is!

I think that the creeping forward in neutral will be an ok thing once I get used to it. The steering I am going to ahve the dealer look at it again. They made some adjustments after we went for the test ride but it didn't seem to change. 2 different lakes and conditions with the same need to turn the wheel about 90 degrees to the starboard to go straight. Does anyone know what teh neutral lock really is?? Also still looking to for information on the switches are they supposed to have lights in the two mentioned above? Thanks!!
Brian

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back