2012 speedster steering wheel alignment

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mchannell

This looks like where to adjust the alignment under the console behind the steering wheel. Shouldn’t there be a lock washer and nut on the outside? Not sure how a wrench will fit in there to turn the inside nut. Just purchased the boat with only 18hrs on it and I’m trying to get it squared away before spring.

Attachments

• B857C4E9-A94E-4324-A10C-6BF1C537D01D.jpeg
    B857C4E9-A94E-4324-A10C-6BF1C537D01D.jpeg
    282.2 KB · Views: 7
My 2 cents.

Small adjustments can be made on the ball joint that Ski-d00 is mentioning. Basically center the steering wheel with a level and have someone hold it there while looking at the pump nozzle. Take the bolt out of the ball joint where it attaches and then you can rotate it in or out. It only has about 5 or 6 turns to the adjustment though as it has to have full thread engagement which I think is 7 full turns.

If it is way out, first figure if you have full turn lock to lock. If you do, then center, pull the steering wheel off and put it back as close to center as possible. The do the small adjustment at the pump to make it perfect.

You can also adjust in the photo but will be limited there again in adjustability and personally it is easier to deal with at the pump.

Use Locktight and check it all twice because.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back