Problems with 01 gti

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

mikcool

Hi, first off a brief description of what happened; I had just put my 01 gti and 03 gtx in the water and my friends took them out. After a little over an hour of them riding my friends on the gtx came back and said the other friend with the gti flipped it over and the ski was screwed up. Long story short, I got on the gti to diagnose the problem and found that it would start like normal but would only half throttle for a short while than it would die. It than would only start for a few seconds and than die. I guess the friend that flipped it said that there was about a foot of water in the engine bay also. I got it on the trailer and brought them home.

I than proceeded to take out the spark plugs and ground them, than started it to see if any water came out of the holes; nothing came out. Sprayed wd-40 in the spark plug holes, not sure if I waited 5 min or an hour and started again. I tried to check the oil and gas to see if water was present in either and found none. So put the spark plugs back in and started it with the hose, it ran and would rev, but sounded like it was running on one cylinder but wasn't sure. So took to lake and tested, did the same thing as before. I can't figure out the problem, also pardon my incorrect terms for things. I am not very knowledgeable about engines, if I could get any help it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

I had a mechanic friend come look at it, and he doesn't think that there is any water in it. I did get new spark plugs though and a new fuel filter. Any and all advice would be really appreciated, I tried searching for my problem and found similar ones but not the same. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back