Power turn in seadoo boat?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

tresvatos1

I have a 99 speedster. I have seen people doing the 180's , or power turn. I am curious on how to do this without damaging anything...Thanks

For me it depends on how deep the water is, if shallow I race up to a point turn very quickly and shutting down the motors completely just as I start to feel the boat gain circular momentum.

If deep I don't shut the engines down until a little later in the turn and find I spin out a little more.:hurray:

Great fun!!!!:rofl:
Full power as you turn, then back off when the impellors loose traction.
So far i have broken a battery mount, glass bottle in cup holder:redface: and neally my neck!!! Gave myself a good case of whiplash!!:rofl:
Oh! make sure you connect your lanyard, i nealy went overboard the other day!!!:cheers:
and make sure your passengers hold on tight, lost a girl over the side once, looked over to see her legs up in the air as she dissappered over the side!!!!:hurray:

Great fun!!!!:rofl:
Full power as you turn, then back off when the impellors loose traction.
So far i have broken a battery mount, glass bottle in cup holder:redface: and neally my neck!!! Gave myself a good case of whiplash!!:rofl:
Oh! make sure you connect your lanyard, i nealy went overboard the other day!!!:cheers:
and make sure your passengers hold on tight, lost a girl over the side once, looked over to see her legs up in the air as she dissappered over the side!!!!:hurray:

Now thats the shizzle !!!!

For me it depends on how deep the water is, if shallow I race up to a point turn very quickly and shutting down the motors completely just as I start to feel the boat gain circular momentum.

If deep I don't shut the engines down until a little later in the turn and find I spin out a little more.:hurray:
Hmmm. very interesting:reddevil:
I did not know this.I've tried turning the boat at high speed and it just cavitates. so backing off the throttle when the rpm rises should keep you spinning?or do you need to kill the engine? tell me more:hurray:

So, are we trying to stop the sucking at the intake so that the boat "let's go" of the water?

Seems like you would have to kill it to do that.

If the water is shallow I back off the throttle to ensure I don't suck up every thing right below me.

I would definately expect cavitating if you left the throttle pegged while spinning and virtually going nowhere.

A person on you tube tells me to get cruising pretty good 25-30miles, let off throttle, turn the wheel one way, then put in reverse and give throttle lightly, and this should spin the boat....Does this sound safe? Will this spin the boat without tearing up anything??

When i do it, i get to about half throttle(i have tried it a couple of times at WOT but it is scary at that speed), then turn slightly to the left, then give it full throttle as i turn fully to the right:hurray:. You need full power to make the back end slide, once it starts to slide i back off so the engine doesn't over rev.:cheers:

I agree with everything said so far: i get it up to about 25-30 then turn tight; when your feel it going around let off the throttle; if you don't turn the wheel all the way you can power slide the boat pretty will without having to let off the gas. if i have someone on the boat with me; I always tell them to "grab the handle" before i start doing any fun slids/spins; i am afraid of subbing so i won't ever do that

Took our yamaha 212x out last weekend with the girls and the waters still a little chilli... and did a few slides and 3 subs... the last of the 3 was a bit scary... hit a wave right as the nose dipped..... I opened her up to get the nose back in the air and turned on the bilge... We were all soaked and laughing....
The Sportster seems to slide better then our bigger boat obviously but you can damn near throw yourself out of it...

With a Ski I find that it makes it easier if you cut to the left a little then slam it to the right as hard as you can. and gun it it gives the back end more momentum to spin.

I will spin mine at 40+ mph with no damage. This is not recomended if you don't know what you are doing. I can do it without backing off the throttle at all. Lots of fun and always gets alot of attention at the lake.

Full throttle, quick flick of the steering wheel to one side then complete turn to the other :) Even with my old 130hp Sportster there were times I could get the whole 360 out but usually around 270s.

I wouldn't suggest throwing it into reverse though

My husband always gives us the thrill ride experience on the lake! Lots of 360's at high speeds! You can hear me screaming for miles!!! Hahhahha:rofl:

think i've got it now!! If i spin to the right tho it feels like the thing is going to come over on top of me tho, and elbow almost touching the water..

Whats wrong with the submarine move? I mean, yeah I've filled the boat up with water before, and it chugged for a while, not a lot got in the engine bay, mainly just our feet and what have you.

Yep, full speed and turn hard, works both ways fine in an S200. Just hold on!.......Choppy water is a bit exciting though!

Ned

There is nothing wrong with the sub move...
I think small ones are fun but even those scare me with my investment. I have a problem with the idea of taking your Floating boat and dropping the nose under the water thus filling your boat with water (way of your weight thresh-hold with all riders and gear) defeats the purpose of boating, Yea its exciting and you get a rush from doing it. If your a Sub freak get a ski and dive to the depths.
Also keep in mind your taking a huge risk with all of the electronics on board, from MPEM's to Fusebox's you mess something up while full of water you wont be chugging along you'll be bailing water out anyway possible, from telling people to jump off the boat to hard wiring your bilge pump to move the water out asap! To each there own and again as long its not my boat have fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back