Power surge after release of throttle 2013 GTX IS Limited 260

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
2013 GTX IS Limited 260 been surging with power after release of throttle. We are thinking to replace the throttle body -part # 420892590( oem or After market experience anyone ?) and or replace the throttle lever assembly. -part # 278002283 This is very dangerous situation, the surge is when running at speed and then letting off the throttle to slow down only, No error codes

Last edited:
You can try replacing things until it corrects or hook it up to a Candoo and get it right the first time, by the way if you replace the throttle body you have to marry it to the ECU with a Candoo anyways. More than likely its a sensor out of range , if you have a manual you can test them one at a time.

Thanks Digdog, no error/fault codes showed up. clean scan. has me scratching my head, and cant find any other mention of such a problem anywhere. I will inquire about the sensors

Maybe take the hose off of the throttle body and see if the spring that returns the throttle plate is broken, you should not be able to open the throttle easily by just pushing on it, you could also watch it to see how it reacts to pressing the throttle. Remember to not get your finger or anything else caught between the plate and the body when its being driven by the throttle lever. You can do this by not running the engine but just have the power on, it may also need cleaning, any faults in the throttle body are supposed to throw a code but....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back