2002 GTX 155 hk, lack of power and oil in the hull...

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

MaxsvenssonSWE

Sea doc GTX 155hk
420 hrs

hi! two days ago I was out all day driving with my sea doo (worth mentioning is that i had some big jumps) and everything was working fine as usual, left it behind the boat over the night as usual and the day after i went for another run. This time i run in high speed for 10 minutes and then slowed down for a speed limited area. After the speed limited are (20 minutes of low speed driving) i found that the PWC was lack of power, It felt like i was towing a smaller boat, really bad acceleration but NO sound of misfire or running on only 2 cylinders or something like that, and not the phenomena when something is stuck in the pump house.. Didn't rev more than 5500 rpm... I went to a nearby harbor and found that i got some oil in the hull. The oil level was okej but i still had some leakage. After 45 minuted i started it again and it surprisingly went great with full power al the way back to my home harbor.

Today i started with cleaning the oil from the hull to easier se if the leakage was a one time thing. I started it up but couldn't se any leakage at idle rev. I checked the oil level again which was ok and went for a test run. It went great during the whole test run (15 min). I went back to the harbor feeling everything was normal again, and didn't found any oil in the hull. some ours later i went for a run again but this time it had a lack of power again. I run with it for 10 minutes with the low power feeling, no warnings or error codes, and the all of a sudden while i was riding, it got the power back.
Back at the harbor i had lost some more oil into the hull..

To me this is a strange problem with no pattern.. It does seems like the oil leak and loss of power phenomena goes hand in hand but what could cause it?? I have had some thoughts about high oil pressure problem, maybe caused by a closed TOPS valve?? Something causing high oil pressure makes resistance for the engine.

do you guys have any ideas??

Best regards // Max

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back