power lag

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

rufusgooch

I have a 91 xp yellow motor. the motor was rebuilt before i got it. had her three years. slugish at partial thottle. runs like hell at full throttle for about fifteen seconds and the drops to 1500 rpm after two or three seconds you can feather the throttle back to full. some times happens every twenty or thirty seconds and some time doesnt happen for ten of fifteen minutes. its a twin carb. the guy i bought it from said the bored and stroked the motor. id plate still reads 587. oil injection has been disconected and pre mix now. anyone have an idea?

i pulled the plugs put them on the bench and said hello. the plugs are oil fouled. ng 7es should have been the right range. running a 40:1 mix in the gas tank. changed the plugs ;but i disconnected the oil pump last week. may have been oil in the pump and carbs. along with the 40:1 that could have been to much.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is there more smoke than usual when you ride, indicating burning oil?

not too much smoke. drained the fuel tank reinstalled the oil pump bleed it still comes out the hole real good. after twenty seconds slows to idle. feather the throttle and your off for another twenty seconds. ill check the timing next.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back