97 GTX - Am I too Lean? - High RPM Power Loss - At Lake

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
This may require something different as currently I am using an aftermarket OSD external rectifier with custom OSD wiring harness to bypass the factory unit as the factory rectifier never charged the battery. I will look back at my pictures and see what goes where, off hand its kind of a blur at the moment without having the ski here to look at...

It still has a red wire. Unplug the red wire and test it.

Chester

It still has a red wire. Unplug the red wire and test it.

Chester

10-4

Got wrapped up working on the xp tonight *dead starter* but the gtx will be back together this weekend and ready for testing. Ill update the thread at least so others have some info if they run into this kind of stuff. Gotta clear out the ski's and make room for a new project. :drool5:

Thanks for the info

seadoo.jpg

Soo incase anyone else comes across this down the road. Did a quick pressure test on the fuel system and as it turns out....i forgot to install the 2nd band clamp at the top of the fuel baffle. The black gasket over the fuel baffle has a bottom and top band clamp..my top clamp is MIA and its clearly leaking pressure there...Thats what happens when you restore a jetski and get side tracked months at a time lol.

Just wanted to post up, its still good i worked on her again as the rave cap was broken & timing was off a smidge. Everything else still looked great so firing her up once this batt is charged and lake time in a couple weeks!

Thanks again for all the help people, truly appreciate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back