Power Issues

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dogman13

First let me give you a little history. 92 sp I bought it this march. Has 16 hrs on a new/rebuilt engine from seadoo. Then is sat for 4 years. I get it and it wont start. Had to replace the electic board. I have taken it out 4 times in the last 2 months. Runs perfect. Sat. I ran it the most. About 4 hrs. Was also pulling a tube with 2 kids on it at a time. My last run with it started not wanting to pull the tube. The it would kind of kick in and pull it good for a few mins. then lose power alittle. Worried I decided to call it a day, plus wanted to see how it acted without the tube. This is only way I can discribe it......from sitting still flooring it...it would kind of bog down for a few secs then go. But it would only get up to half speed then like 30 secs later it would kick in again and get to top speed.

So what do you think the problem is??

Thanks for any help!

Check the compression to see if the engine is eating it self.

You could have water in the fuel. How's the seal on the fuel tank? If it's bad, replace it, and put in Marine Stay-Bil to help purge it though.

What do the spark plugs look like?

Even though you gave us a good description of what is happening... you haven't given us any idea of the troubleshooting, or what could be going on mechanically.

Answer the Q's above... and we will go from there.

Spark plugs look good. Fuel tank looks good. Don't know about compression yet.

I will say this, fuel is low. Looks to be only an inch of fuel in tank. When I got on it and the fuel rushed to the back of tank, could that be my loss power issue?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back