PLEASE HELP... ICS system

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

06challenger

so i had a horrible day yesterday, and lets just make a long story short! lol... i sucked up 70ft of wake board rope on my 06 challenger 180 CS TOWER 4-tech 215 SC. To get the rope out i put the grate down (ICS) and killed the batt. so i could get into the grate. well the boat ended up beaching itself and snapped the grate off! i had some friends roll the boat over as far as the could wile i cut the rope out! all was good and we pushed the boat back into the water! but i had no grate on the boat! now i have been looking every where to find this part and everyone said that seadoo doesnt make it anymore! i know they got rid of the ICS and use a fixed grate... but what do i do now! can anyone help! i also bent the cable that makes it move up and down, but i think i can remove it and bent it back! ??? i think! lol.... thank you all for your time!

r/Mike

unfortunately i cannot help you
but i got a question . i have the same boat 2005 c180 215sc
and i was thinking about taking all of the ics system out and put a fixed grate from 2007 and up model
would it fit
this would solve your problem

Hmm... Not too sure, I ended up finding all the parts I needed online. Some from riva and some from other sites. And I think if u put a fixed grate on your going to have to tap the hull of the boat... And if it were up to me I would say forget that... Lol

I have a 2006 Challenger 180 with the ICS. I really like this. I think it is a really innovative system. It could use a stronger hydrolic arm and perhaps a stronger grate, but I love it. Coming from a boat with a fixed grate, I've only had to get in the water to clean out the intake 5-6 times in 5+ years.

Mate - I'd check your pump too before you head back out on the water. You want to make sure you haven't damaged the impeller, wear ring, seals, bearings drive shaft etc. Even if it visually looks ok - I'd still be removing the impeller (but I'm paranoid after a similar incident which left me with a $1000 pump rebuild all because I didn't check and replace a $10 rubber seal...)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back