PLEASE HELP ASAP 96 GTI 717 power coming from mpem grounds

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

MattysGTI

ok so i didnt even get to take this thing out all season cause after the first start up it died and had no power at all to the key,etc. the 5 amp fuse in the mpem keeps blowing. it turns out after some testing that there is power coiming from the grounds coming out of the mpem. testing shows with the 5 amp fuse removed there is still power on both sides of the fuse wires. this is another mpem i purchased that was supposedly new. i also got the same test results with the orig mpem.I also replaced the stator coils. this is my first pwc. someone please help me before i pour gas on it an light it up cause im already sick of this thing.

disconnect the yellows and red wire at rectifier, if she still pops the fuse, then you have "another" bad mpem.

checked those wires with a power tester. both black wires were getting power with the fuse removed..im pretty sure the second mpem is fried also. i've decided im not dropping anymore money on it so im putting it up for sale as a project ski.. thanks anyway for the response

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back