PLEASE help!! 2001 Challenger 1800 240hp INTAKE GRATE

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

jaibeau

I have about pulled my hair out trying to find the RIGHT intake grate for this boat. One of the tines broke off the one on there and fortunately did not make its way through the impeller. Every part warehouse ask me "what model is it"....Uh, seadoo challenger 1800. but they need other numbers or something?..?... This has got to be a common part but sales guys act like they never heard of the part before?? anyone? thanks:banghead:

I have about pulled my hair out trying to find the RIGHT intake grate for this boat. One of the tines broke off the one on there and fortunately did not make its way through the impeller. Every part warehouse ask me "what model is it"....Uh, seadoo challenger 1800. but they need other numbers or something?..?... This has got to be a common part but sales guys act like they never heard of the part before?? anyone? thanks:banghead:

I got your pm. Get the serial number from your engine. It's in a couple of places. Boats.net sells all parts for the Mercury Sport Jets / M2's. We went over the part numbers in the other thread you posted to. I would say the reason your having a problem at the dealer is because he needs a serial number from your motor to reference the part.
12 tine 854810T 1
6 tine 852962T
Shop around for better prices.

http://www.boats.net/parts/search/M... & Up/Jet Drive Housing Components/parts.html

Last edited by a moderator:
yea, spent an hour on the phone today. They only have the Original intake grate assembly an according to the other threads your in, thats a big NO! even with the serial numbers, hes not seeing the illusive "11 tine grate" so im just going to take a chance and use this part number that keeps surfacing 854810T1, just hope it fits my boat. thoughts on that one?

haha, perfect, clicked on your link and found the part, 0 in stock, thats probably why he was pushing the original assembly. grrr...ill check some more sites, at least i got a number now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back