Performace upgrade(s) for a 94 XP

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

AKnarrowback

Hello all, hope everyone is having a good summer!

Okay, after 35 years of being a die hard "no mods" rider of sleds and DOO's I am looking to change my ways. Problem is I'm looking to get more scoot out of a 25 year old machine.

I know my way around the machine just fine. It's in top running condition, I just want more (I'm not getting any younger and 50 is less than 6 months away).

The biggest problem I'm facing is being far north in interior Alaska so looking for an 800 XP isn't an option since there aint squat for DOO's up here. I was lucky enough to stumble across my 94.

So I'm looking to my brothers and sisters in the lower 48 (yes that is what we call you) that have knowledge to give me some insight. Anybody remember any pipes, water boxes, carbs etc that boosted the power on a 657x? If you do would anybody have any idea on where to find anything?

I know it's all a long shot but I'm working with what I have, which is pretty much nothing.

Ride sober, ride safe but always ride hard.

The 94 XP was a decent ski in stock form. You are not going to get a lot of boost without compromising the reliability of that engine. FACTORY PIPE made the only real aftermarket pipe worth using. But had a tendency to burn up the rear piston if not perfectly tuned. PSI made a set of twin pipes for it. But expectations were higher than real world.

That ski still should run 50+ completely stock. If it doesnt, then work on getting it back to what it is. Otherwise you will find it sitting more than getting ridden. JMNSHO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back