Pay ridiculous Australian price OR import from usa. ??? New 230 se

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

TWENTY B

I've been wanting to buy a seadoo boat for as long as I can remember. But just can't justify the outrageous price of them being charged by the Australian retailers.
I'm in a position to soon buy a challenger 230se but when it's 42k in the USA and 75k in aus it gets me heated.

So I thought, how much would it cost to ship one over, and Rego it here..
3k to ship. 1k to Rego?
Customs import tax? 5k

I'd still be 25grand in front ....

Any thoughts, knowledge would be great.

Crisso may have some info on this. I'm sure he will see this thread and answer.
If you weren't so far away from civilization and manufactures then things would be cheaper....:) :) :)

Actually I hope to visit your country some day as I have a distant cuz there.

Hi, I looked into this as well. After charges, duty, upgrading to a gal trailer, putting brakes on it etc, it worked out about 10-15K diff. Now the catch is, very few places in Oz will service the machine, & no warrantee. So... if the boat is mechanically fine initially, you may have a headache with super charged engines if you tinker yourself unless you're competent with these engines. Else go for a fair old drive to a grey dealer service centre. Personally the convenience won me out in the end so I bought local. I know your frustration! I hate paying a cent more myself. Perhaps wait for a second hand one to wind up on the market & water test it to make sure its perfect. If you go down this path of importing I would get the simplest version ie sp non charged version.

Yep I tend to agree with davo there. I bought local pureley because my dealers in the next suburb. Had a problem 2 nd time out and engine wouldn't kick over during flushing procedure. Took it in first thing monday morning. Problem fixed there and then. The diffrence in mine and Davos case is we have cheaper models and the stretch for a 230 is a bit bigger. Importing is Ok and almost all models you see pre 09 in Australia will be grey imports. It's just a matter of finding someone who can work on the things for you and has the upto date software debugging gear too should things go pear shaped electronically.

Import from the US, with our current President and economy we need all the help we can get.

Lou

Haha I'm guessing you haven't been keeping an eye on the joke that currently passes itself off as Australian politics in the last few months.

I had always intended on buying top of the range brand new.
and with the power from twin, high output supercharged rotax motors i have no intention in modifying them.

i may end up buying a second hand one as i've seen a few 18 month old boats with 2-10 hours on them for substantially less than new prices.

who knows. i'm on the waiting list for a test drive day and that dealer has a 21 wake.
would be nice if i could find someone local to spend a day out on the water with but there aint that many seadoo boats out here.

wheres all the sydney boys at?

Come down to melb I'll take You out when insurance kicks back in in august.

Theresa 210 challenger SE for sale at melb seadoo with 12 hours on it. Think he wants 55 k it was the owners boat and will be covered under local warranty nationwide, it's on boatsales too FYI.

I had always intended on buying top of the range brand new.
and with the power from twin, high output supercharged rotax motors i have no intention in modifying them.

i may end up buying a second hand one as i've seen a few 18 month old boats with 2-10 hours on them for substantially less than new prices.

who knows. i'm on the waiting list for a test drive day and that dealer has a 21 wake.
would be nice if i could find someone local to spend a day out on the water with but there aint that many seadoo boats out here.

wheres all the sydney boys at?

Back