P0111 won’t go away

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

cjb

I’ve been getting the fault p0111 after 30-45 min of riding. I replaced the intake temperature sensor and the codes keeps coming back. Boat runs fine but it beeps every 15 min and is annoying. Any input would be greatly appreciated. 2008 seadoo speedster 150 N/A

Last edited:
You need to check the wiring from the sensor all the way back to the ECU. I am guessing there is a short in it.

Thank you for the input. I found a kink on both wires. Nothing major but I went ahead and cut out the bad section and put it back together using a marine grade shrink tube. I’ll be very surprised and happy if that fixes the issue. I’ll report back.

Its not just kinks in wires. Check out all of the connectors. The pins in the plug/jacks get corroded. Use dielectric grease.

dielectric grease is an insulator, do not get on contacts.
For most electrical connections-anything bolted, crimped quick-connects, lightbulb sockets, and common 12-volt plugs-a dielectric grease or spray is the right answer. To apply, coat the contact surfaces and then assemble the connection as usual. The clamping pressure, whether a bolt or simply the pressure between the contact surfaces in most plugs, pushes the grease out of the way, providing a good contact. You should also coat or spray the outside (not on the lightbulb itself; that can cause failure on halogen bulbs). The remaining dielectric serves to seal the contact area from water, oxygen, and galvanic corrosion. It is a must for a boat owner. It stops corrosion from forming.

For most electrical connections-anything bolted, crimped quick-connects, lightbulb sockets, and common 12-volt plugs-a dielectric grease or spray is the right answer. To apply, coat the contact surfaces and then assemble the connection as usual. The clamping pressure, whether a bolt or simply the pressure between the contact surfaces in most plugs, pushes the grease out of the way, providing a good contact. You should also coat or spray the outside (not on the lightbulb itself; that can cause failure on halogen bulbs). The remaining dielectric serves to seal the contact area from water, oxygen, and galvanic corrosion. It is a must for a boat owner. It stops corrosion from forming.
I second everything Mister Magoo says. Connectors... Coat the crap out of them. It will keep water and corrosion out.

Back