Rxp 215 electrical issue plz help

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Robdog600

Hi guys long time reader first time poster.
Here a few months back i purchased a 04 rxp 215 really cheap with a dropped valve, i fully rebuilt the motor and supercharger and tidy up the ski a bit as i plan on flipping it for a dollar and upgrading to a newer model seadoo, so i take it out for its maiden voyage yesterday to run it in , it runs like a dream for the first 1.5 hrs , then all of a sudden i get a check engine on the dash and it feels and sounds like its running on 2cyl not sure if thats how they fun in limp mode or not?
i pop the seat have a good look around nothing obvious seems to be a problem, ski fires back up and off we go for another 10 min and then it does it again , same thing check everything nothing obvious loose or not connected, start back up but this time it runs fine for about 30 sec then the check eng comes on again i am not far from the boat ramp at this stage so i limp it back.
next day i pull the cover and cowling off to have a good look and still nothing obvious loose or unplugged, no fuses blown correct amount of oil and coolant the fault codes i am getting are 1680 , so i have a bit of a play around with the wiring checking for chafe marks etc start back up this time its a 0267 code coming up, so i investigate the coils and injectors switch them around to see if the fault code follows the coil or injector but it doesnt still 0267 comes up so i have done a continuity test on the earths of the plugs and injectors they seem fine , i dig a bit deeper into the wiring harness to see if there is something i have missed fulled all plugs off both end no sign of corrosion at all, this time the 0267 goes away and im getting a 1200 and a 0344 come up bugger me! i dont know where else to look any help would be much appreciated before i drag it out to the seadoo dealer to drain my wallet.
cherrs guys for any input you may have
Rob

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back