One engine down

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

aisle3

Is it possible to buy a new, OEM SeaDoo motor (951)?
Or..do I need to rebuild. If so..do I need to do both engines?

www.sbtontheweb.com sells remanufactured engines with 1 or 2 year no fault warranty's. Everything is new except for the case.

Not sure if you have to rebuild or not with out looking at it. What's going on with it?

To rebuild or ??

Dear Ryan,
Sorry about the late reply. We're new to the forum format and lost track of our post. The compression on the "bad" engine is 105F/145R, the other engine is 145R/152F. The dealer recommends a rebuild on the bad. The engine lost power , wouldn't rev well and stalled. It also had a new exhaust manifold, exhaust pipe installed by the dealer due to a broken pipe bolt in the manifold and a hole in the tuned pipe. Not sure if the tuned pipe hole set in motion a chain of events that disabled the motor. Since we have no real idea how many hours are on the engines would it be best to rebuild them both and start from fresh? Thanks for the help any forum/navigation tips would be appreciated
Richard

Rubuild the bad one, stud. Other ones perfect. If you dont feel confident, rebuild'n it yourself, then sbt the way to roll...:cheers:

Engine removal

Ok ! Thanks!! What we need now is a real world appraisal of the difficulty or removing and reinstalling the engine. After double checking we have twin 717 motors and not being the spring chicken (59) hanging upside down for lengthy periods poses a chunking problem.

Takes me about 4hrs to remove engine, about 1 hour upside down:(
most of the time you can get to bolts by standing in engine bay leaning over. Not good fun!!!
But the first time took me most of the day.
If you are going the SBT way there is a fair bit of work on the bench, removing parts that don't come with the long block.
Make sure you have plenty of PBblaster to help with the bolt removale.:cheers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back