OMG I AM SO BORED - When is spring 2017?!

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

SabrToothSqrl

I HATE WINTER, I HATE WINTER, I HATE WINTER, I HATE WINTER.

Ok, there's that.

I bought a Traxxas X-Maxx... but can't keep my finger off the GO trigger, which has resulted in several (many) broken parts It's 18lbs and does 35. it's insane. seriously.

BUT, that's still not enough to keep me from dreaming about my XP... or boat.
The boat goes to a marina this spring. First time ever for us, should be fun, down near Baltimore, MD.

So, I keep looking for other stuff to do... but hobbies are $$

anyone else bored out of their minds in winter?! I want to ride the waves behind a cruiser down at the bay and jump 4' in the air!

Me and jasonv got out there last weekend and everybody looked at us like we were stupid, probably because i was wearing a helmet driving a challenger 1800:cheers: cold but worth it, antifreeze is cheap.

You just need an ATV and a ski-doo! Just cruised the lake this morning on an old ski-doo and yesterday with my friend on his ATV. And yesterday was so cool: his son was following us remotely with a drone that his dad bought in Florida a few weeks ago.

You should have seen the footage: incredible. For $1,000.00 you can get a nice DJI Phantom 3 Pro with a HD camera on it and accessories. It is so cool!!! Nice toy to own and hours of fun. This morning we climbed it over the mountain and wow! what a sight.

Think I should buy one for myself.

IMG_0160.jpg

Benji.

My friend is learning fast and he's talented (maybe because of his army sniper's training...). We started it yesterday over the lake to learn the basics then we ventured in the woods this morning. You can literately fly it on remote camera (the drone was out of our sight). I am uploading the video on youtube. Will share it when it's ready. Cool winter fun!

We intend to film sea-doo and wake stunts this summer: imagine, the drone flying around your sea-doo and filming from the air. And we will try to remotely control the drone from a pontoon for more range. Only hic: how do you land a drone on a pontoon? We started practicing grabbing the drone with our hands at 5-6 feet high and stationary.

Hopefully we won't crash it before the summer arrives...

Benji.

My friend had the same DJI Phantom on New Years out in the So Cal desert. Try out the tracking feature. Pretty cool that it follows you then returns to home when the battery is low. We got some great video of the kids riding dirt bikes.

I have flown R/C airplanes for years and the DJI Phantom is too easy. There is no reason a first time pilot should crash it. They are that easy.

For those with nothing to do I suggest a nice resto ski project.

GET THE 8s UGRADE ON THE X-maxx. Then you will really be havin fun!
T maxx 3.3 is the best t maxx....

Oh I forgot to mention I also run a hobby store!!!! Haha
And I still get bored in winter. Dreaming of jetski's.
I know everything there is to know about hobbies so if you guys have any questions... let me know!

I agree, winter sucks!!!! I think i have cabin fever ...LOL. But the days are starting to get longer (daylight), we've pass the halfway point, its almost over!

What winter? Houston has been in the 70's! Took the gs out last weekend!
28.jpg

Oh I forgot to mention I also run a hobby store!!!! Haha
And I still get bored in winter. Dreaming of jetski's.
I know everything there is to know about hobbies so if you guys have any questions... let me know!

I would like to recommend [MENTION=38668]manolocross[/MENTION] if you need anything Traxxas wise. I bought my sons Traxxas Raptor from him. Great dude to deal with and knows his chit. I could have bought it online for the same price but it's nice to know if I had any issues he could help me out.

You just need more ski projects. Buy one cheap and fix it to flip in the spring. Will keep you plenty busy and the wife can't tell at you too much if you make even $100 on it later it at least kept you busy.

Only hic: how do you land a drone on a pontoon?

A pontoon is a huge target to land a drone. I take off & land mine off of the back seats of my boat. The pool noodles were just added in case of failure at least it won't sink, lol.

I did fly rc planes and helis for many years though so i fly the drone in pure flight mode. I could see it being harder to control to a precise spot using those auto land or even the assisted flying modes where it goes where you point the stick no matter where the drone is in relation to the pilot. Here's a few from Lake cumberland in KY.
44.jpg
45.jpg
46.jpg
47.jpg

The lake is enormous so you can always find places that aren't busy. It's probably 10 hours for you, but still well worth the drive. I've been going annually since I was a kid.
48.jpg

I smell a SDF house boat trip:willy_nilly: we used to do that on SML every year but they didnt have those sweet ski ramps on the back.

The noodles are great. We were thinking about that too. Only bug is that on the phantom, the camera is very close to the legs of the drone. On choppy water, the camera would get wet for sure.

Benji.

The noodles are great. We were thinking about that too. Only bug is that on the phantom, the camera is very close to the legs of the drone. On choppy water, the camera would get wet for sure.

Benji.

The noodles aren't to land on the water, only for a worst case scenario so the whole thing won't sink

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back