OMG I AM SO BORED - When is spring 2017?!

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
That water fall looks awesome!

I listed my X-MAXX for sale on craigslist, and some guy wants to trade me a Walkera Scout x4 carbon edition.

I checked online, and the price is about what my x-maxx was. It looks pretty cool, so I said sure. I'm tired of spending $40/month to keep the x-maxx whole... the drone seems more my style.

Yea, as for road trips, we take them to Super Chargers, we've hit 9 so far and visit the surrounding areas. Even hit Skyline Drive w/the Tesla last year.

http://supercharge.info/ Works great since filling is up free :)

No boredom here...but I am ready for it to stay warm down here. Here's what I've been up to in the off season:

I built these for friends:

56.jpg

57.jpg

A total rebuild/ modification of this:

58.jpg

Helped with a deck addition at the lake:

59.jpg

All of my restos need expensive parts, so they've been put on hold till I get a few Seadoos sold off. Water toy prep begins this weekend though! I'm so pumped!

The lake is enormous so you can always find places that aren't busy. It's probably 10 hours for you, but still well worth the drive. I've been going annually since I was a kid.
48.jpg

What lake is that?? I would love to find another lake in the Western PA Eastern OH area

I agree, you guys have some of the most beautiful lakes in the country. Not like the craptastic desert ones here in Cali.

What lake is that?? I would love to find another lake in the Western PA Eastern OH area
That is 76 falls in Lake cumberland KY. It had just rained for days before this pic, so the water was dirty and lake level up. Last time I jumped off in 2015, a 75' ski rope would just barely touch the water from the top of the falls.

Here are a few pics from different years/water levels. This used to be the party area with 100+ boats lining the shores all summer, but now it's moved to "party cove" on the opposite side of the lake because the lake level was down 75' from 2006-2014 while they fixed the dam. It was only 10 ' deep at the falls at the time.

63.jpg
64.jpg
65.jpg
66.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Well it's an hour north of Norris we could always make it a day trip once we get that planned.

I know, we have more than 4 feet of snow on the ground, I had to remove the snow from the roof. Needless to say that this door is kind of condemned for a while...

Even ski-doos have to stay in trails. Country roads are also narrower like driving in a corridor.

Benji

wow that is some crazy snow. Just ordered a subwoofer + amp for my car. I need something to do and some bass in my life.

Perfect use for a yamaha :willy_nilly:

It was the first and only Yamaha ski I have owned. Came as a package with my 96' XP and trailer all for $500. It actually ran great and was fun but would only do 50 mph stock so I sold it last year for $1,700 without a trailer. I think Yamaha paints their skis instead of gel coating them as all the used ones I have seen either have spider cracks or the finish is actually peeling.
My son actually got pissed when we put it in his pool until we asked if he wanted to get on it.

Well here in NC spring started last week. Highs in the 60's to mid 70's for all last week and all this one as well. The flowering trees are in full color and the daffodils are up! I actually mowed the lawn TWICE this year already!

Skis are going on the trailer next week to open up space in the garage. And the boat is coming home for some outdrive work.

I LOVE la nina! (sorry if your drowning out there in CA!, you at least will have some place to ski this year!)

Well here in NC spring started last week. Highs in the 60's to mid 70's for all last week and all this one as well. The flowering trees are in full color and the daffodils are up! I actually mowed the lawn TWICE this year already!

Skis are going on the trailer next week to open up space in the garage. And the boat is coming home for some outdrive work.

I LOVE la nina! (sorry if your drowning out there in CA!, you at least will have some place to ski this year!)

That is the truth. My area of Cali is still officially in a drought but we have gotten enough for our lakes 3 local lakes to be at 97%, 42% and 52%. It will be the first time in a few years we can launch at our favorite lakes. The only bummer is the best one was at dead pool level since 2014 so they closed it and fired all the rangers and employees and are now saying that they may never reopen it because they don't have the money to restaff it and maintain the facilities. Government at it's best. No money to keep it open and no money to reopen it.

Yep, I saw that Castaic is back up. I learned to waterski on Castaic and Pyramid. Back then Castaic had a roped off area where only Jet Skis could go. They kept them away from the boats.

I fixed up my garage a bit...

Painted walls white (hate builder beige) All LED lighting. Ceiling fan. Painted window trim black.

Waiting on the wife's Model 3 before I tile the floor. Might get some spiffy shades and black wall outlets. Maybe paint the door grey or Tesla red.16730485_10210441006234325_7495169472666617997_n.jpg

Hopefully the model 3 is all they claim since it isn't even built yet. I know you love your Tesla's but every auto rag is saying they don't pencil out.

I love my S to death. If I could give them more money, I would. My wife has a 3 on order. We are hoping to have it by December, since we are on the east coast.

I will keep mine S until the pickup is available. I prefer trucks.

I love my S to death. If I could give them more money, I would. My wife has a 3 on order. We are hoping to have it by December, since we are on the east coast.

I will keep mine S until the pickup is available. I prefer trucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back