Oiling question for the 787

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

enut

I have two questions, the first being what grease can I use on the PTO grease fitting? The manual states to use synthetic grease. It would be very convenient to use marine grease since this is what is already on the grease gun for the trailer hubs.

I put some SAE30 oil in the counter-balance shaft reservoir at the beginning of last season, I don't want to add more, if it will cause problems. The manual does state that an 1 oz. should be put in once a year. What do you guys do, should I leave it alone or add some more?

I have two questions, the first being what grease can I use on the PTO grease fitting? The manual states to use synthetic grease. It would be very convenient to use marine grease since this is what is already on the grease gun for the trailer hubs.

I put some SAE30 oil in the counter-balance shaft reservoir at the beginning of last season, I don't want to add more, if it will cause problems. The manual does state that an 1 oz. should be put in once a year. What do you guys do, should I leave it alone or add some more?

can`t really help you with the first question bc I use the SeaDoo synthetic grease on the PTO splines and the pump/impeller splines.

#2, look for the drain plug for the cavity if you have one, open the fill plug, remove the drain plug while a small container is under it... see what comes out... then add 1 oz of new 30W.

Just my two cents...or 20 pesos, :)

Grease - I own or have owned over six jetskis, a boat and a john deere tractor. I use whatever is in the grease gun and have never had a problem. The biggest thing is the maintenance and lubrication of moving parts, otherwise a premature failure is in the future.

Counter balance oil - You could open it up and take a turkey baster and suck the oil out, then add more 30w. That way you know for sure the level is correct and fresh.

Happy Boating!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back