Oil type for 240 EFI

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
from the 2000 240 efi shop manual:
Mercury Precision or Quicksilver Premium Plus
NMMA Certified TC-W3

there is a fill cap on the lip under the rear hatch (port side). its in the same place as the fresh water flushing port but on the other side. make sure this leads to the oil tank on yours. you have a different boat from me but this should be the same. one point to make sure of is to have your caps turned tightly afterwards. there is some sort of pressure mechanism that motivates the oil to flow from tank to tank. the other guys who know this better then me can elaborate but if you leave the oil cap off and run the boat you don't get oil to the engine and your engine can croak.

ps I assumed your tanks have oil in them now and are just getting low and that you don't need to "prime" anything. the other guys will have to provide instructions if this is the case. I don't know how to do this but I think there has been posts on this topic

I use Shell XLF. You can find it at most Walmart's, and it's a proven oil for the "Iron Cyl" engines. There are a lot of performance outboard guys who recommend it also.

Yes... just ad it to the tank in the boat. BUT... when you have that cap off... make sure the o-ring is good. The system works with air pressure, and if you have a leaky cap... you can starve the engine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back