Oil is getting water or antifreeze mixed in any ideas

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

miran587

I just bought a 2007 seadoo challenger 230 se .I bought it knowing there's something wrong with it hopefully nothing major . I checked oil white stuff on dip stick . Checked compression on few cylinders real low 30,60 ,90 . Any input

I finally got in touch with shop that worked on it last any ideas.. Is there way to check intercoolers.

(It came in and the owner said he improperly flushed one engine. We informed him that we could do the work and it could blow up, he wanted to do it.*

We found it to be full of water. We did many oil changed and boiled it out. *We went to water with it. Both engines would only run 5200rpm. *We informed him and he didn't want to do any further work.*

I took it upon myself, and worked on the boat for another hour or two for free, and what our educated guess is, is that the intercoolers are blown. The owner informed us he did not Winterize the boat, so broken intercoolers would make sense. *Which is allowing more water into the engine.*

The problem being its been a bit of time since that, so with the water sitting, there's probably valve and head problems at minimum. You could try to take a bore scope in there. But the compression was and is low.*)

I think if cylinder compression is 30/60/90 this isn't enough for the engine to run. Perhaps valves are sticking open, try using 100psi compressed air through spark plug hole to quickly find where compression is leaking. Vent crankcase while applying compressed air into cylinders to avoid blowing out a seal somewhere.

As far as intercoolers go, you should be able to pressure leak check those seperately using air as well, I would use 15psi and watch for pressure decay. You will need to disconnect the seawater cooling loop from and isolate the intercooler accordingly, in preparation for the test.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back