2022 GTX230 Fiasco- Any help appreciated!

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

Dawg85

We have a new GTX230. My son had never fueled it before and he accidentally put gas in the hole where the tow bar goes instead of the fuel tank. He realized he made a mistake, called me, and said it would not start (lucky no explosion). I had him unplug the drain holes and he said the gas drained out. I had him take off the seats to vent fumes and he put a water hose into the tow bar hole and washed it out. My question: does that compartment (from tow hole) communicate directly to the engine compartment or is separate? Did the gas go into the hull or was it in direct contact with the engine? I have talked to 2 jet ski service departments and they said just to rinse out and ventilate. Should I use light soapy water? I certainly appreciate any helpful recommendations. Thanks!

I would say you have taken reasonable steps so far, and it wouldn't hurt to do another clean out as you suggested. Let that thing AIR OUT until there is absolutely no smell of gas fumes.

Gasoline will evaporate so let it air out in the sun and heat.

You are right to be concerned as gas fumes are no joke in any hull.

Back