Oil in exhaust water

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve01

Hi everyone this is my first time on a forum and i was really hoping that someone might be able to help me.

I have a 99 GSX limited it starts runs and throttles fine. When i slow to idle it does that fine too, then when I throttle up again it coughs and sputters and doesn't want to accelerate. I then noticed when flushing it and blowing all the water out of the engine that it dumps alot of oil. Once all the oil is dumped it goes back to running as it should with responsive throttle etc.

Has anyone had this happen before and is there an easy fix. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks for your help

Oil Injection pump....?

Since the GSX limited uses the 951 with the reed valve configuration, I"m gonna have to assume the extra oil is getting into your exhaust system from your oil injection system. Have you checked the conditions of your plugs? This is something I think people don't do enough. You need to look at those puppies quite often. That's the tale-tell sign on what's going on inside your motor. Have you done a compression test lately? With your model a 1999, that's a very important test in understanding the condition of your internal components, the pistons, rings and bearings...........
You do not have the rotary chamber between the pistons, which 90% of the time is blamed on your problem, but, since we know that, mark your oil tank and after riding for a while, look at how much oil you've used. If you mark it and ride WOT for a hour or so, you should see a huge drop in that oil......maybe an 1/8 to a 14 at the most...........:cheers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back