Oil Bypass

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

jamepc

I know there's a lot of threads on bypassing the Sport Jet's oiling system by removing parts and installing others, however is there a way to bypass everything without removing the tank and installing plugs? I was thinking of having the oil line go from the oil pump and back to the supply line going to the remote tank (have to splice a T into it). Then just cap the port on the bottom of the vapor separator (I think that's what it's called) when the oil line use to run to. Does this sound like it may work?
Any other simple way to disable it and still be able to easily go back to the automatic method if I sell the boat? Or be able to switch if for some reason we have fuel available but no oil (my oil tank is 3/4 full)?
Thanks,
James

Your engine was just rebuilt... so I wouldn't worry about it too much. The new style gear is stronger than the old gear.

But... if you want to recirculate the oil... I'm sure that will work.

Yes, I may just let the automatic oiler do it's job. if I do try to recirculate it, the problem I see is that when the oil is pushed from the remote tank to the engine tank, it will try to push the oil to the remote tank but also through the T and to the bottom of the vapor separator so circulation will not happen. Will that mess up anything? Or is this theory completely off? And is it the Vapor Separator the proper part I'm referencing that has the barbed fitting on the bottom where the oil tube connects?
Thanks again,
James

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back