oil and syn two cycle, can they get along?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

96gtxgirlz

Hi,
Got a 96 gtx and i put 1 quart of regular marine 2 cycle oil in oil tank.
The ski has synthecex(wrong spelling) in it. Will mixing these two oils together harm the motor? Or do i need to empty tank and dispose of it???
I appreciate any advise..

You will ruin your seadoo doing that, without a doubt.

Unfortunally the nature of the seadoo engines make a specific oil requirement necessairy, and not just ay 2-cycle oil will work. It needs to be an ash oil, and almost all oils are ashless. In addition to that, you probably mixed a synthetic with a regular oil, which isn't good.

Sorry to seem harsh, just trying to explain why it won't work. There are some alternatives to seadoo brand oil, but none that I would reccommend. I would just stick with the Sea-Doo oil for now.

Yes definitely not a good idea to mix oils like that.

Thanks, for the advice, i will empty the tank. i have not run the engine since i put the oil in it. That should be good enough? i just bought the ski, now i am going to check the overheat,sensor and buzzer. i got a seloc book with ski, and i am reading it!!!!

Yes, empty the tank and it should be fine. Enjoy the new ski, and be sure to keep up on maintenance!! Having an owners and shop manual are great resources.

Let us know how it goes, and welcome to the forum!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back