Oil getting to top end?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dtracer508

Hey guys I’ve got a pair of 2001 gtx 951 di’s. I put two new top ends on them over the winter and finally got them almost all put together. How do I no 100% that they are getting the correct amount of oil to the top end? I spun the oil pump over with a drill and it was pump oil on both of them and the injectors checked out. I was thinking just read plugs. I just have a lot of time and money in these things now and don’t want to mess anything up. I’ve also been reading some mixed opinions on what ratio to mix in the fuel tank on the initial start up. Im thinking 2oz per gallon. Thanks In advance!

Attachments

• 4C6710C6-352B-4D82-8844-66FD663FEEDE.jpeg
    4C6710C6-352B-4D82-8844-66FD663FEEDE.jpeg
    410.4 KB · Views: 6
If they are 951 DI's you don't mix oil in the fuel tank, you allow the injection pump to do it's job. That is the ONLY way for this ski to operate. You have oil lines that run to the cylinders and to the air compressor. I test the check valves on the cylinders and air compressor before I connect the oil line to those fittings. Also make sure the drain line on the compressor is clear. I would fill the reservoir for the balance shaft also. Make sure it is full with the correct oil.

Are the engines removed from the skis?

Okay I was told for a brand new top end to add some oil to the fuel tank just so the initial start up they have some oil until the oil tank catches up. I guess I should’ve asked these questions when the skis were apart. I have them completely put together inside the hull now. Can I check this stuff without disassembling most of it? And when you say oil to the balance shaft do you mean the crank? If not can I change that oil out with the engine assembled. I took the oil pump off and hooked a drill to it and it pumped/primed oil into the lines and I did see it pumping/shooting onto the crank. Thank you for the reply!

Do Not premix oil in a DI.
Your new top end is perfectly fine without premix. Whoever told you that doesn’t know Seadoo DI engines.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back