Oil alarms with constant beep

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

mada500

Thanks for all previous advice...always very helpful.

I have a 2009 Sea-Doo speedster with 50 hours. Starts fine but when you throttle, oil light comes on and constant beep. I limp back to shore. Checked oil, it’s fine.

At dealer, they say no codes appeared. Asked if I wanted oil presssure sensor replaced anyway. Will cost about 300? Any ideas or feedback appreciated. Too bad it just did not give a code.

I replaced the oil sensor on my 2009 Challenger 180 recently (there is a thread about it). They are apparently prone to failure from oil leaking internally into the electrical contacts. $300 sounds pretty steep. The sensor itself is under $40 and it it can be replaced in 10 minutes with only one tool (a 21 mm deep socket wrench).

Thanks. Curious, did yours show any problem codes when hooked to computer? Yeah, I thought $300 was steep.

I never hooked it to a computer. I diagnosed it the old-fashioned way. Put an oil pressure gauge on to prove the oil pressure was ok. Therefore it had to be the sensor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back