Ohio PWC owners / members July Get together

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

Mickirig1

I had a thought. How about a get together of our Ohio members on Lake Erie? On the July 4th weekend. Sunday would be a great day! Pick a location and just bring your stuff. I will bring my charcoal grill and grill food! And my new toys and the Wife. We could put a face and a person to the Internet Identity we type to.

I'm good with it. But I would suggest not on the 4th as many make family plans and vacations. This would likely limit those that could attend.

What do you think?

Repairing and selling iPads, iPhones and Mini iPads.

I agree, would be great to get together but the 4th weekend would be out for us. I am REALLY hoping to make a Kelly's island trip with the Seadoo at some point this summer as well... Saw the pics from the Northcoast PWC forum when they did it last August and looks like the lake cooperated with them!

We just need to agree on a date and we need to do so soon. I need 3 months in advance notice for my job to put in for leave (vacation time).

I don't care where we go or what we do.

We do need to come up with something. I'd like to meet others and go riding. Maybe Shooters for a lunch then more riding.

Right now we have a CRAZY July with lots of family coming out to visit us. I have July 19th and possibly the 20th open, otherwise I am looking at August. I would still have to check the baseball schedule for my son's summer league with my wife when she gets it though!

im open any sunday in the summer time!!! And if you guys really want, you can come out to Ashtabula, I can raft my boat up at the sandbar there. We can play on the skis all day, rest on the boat, and cook out on the sandbar!!!! Its a blast. Very jet ski friendly!!!!

Let us know what you guys get together and we will send a SDF care package for the event ;)

im open any sunday in the summer time!!! And if you guys really want, you can come out to Ashtabula, I can raft my boat up at the sandbar there. We can play on the skis all day, rest on the boat, and cook out on the sandbar!!!! Its a blast. Very jet ski friendly!!!!

That sounds like a great day! I am always looking to scout out new areas with my Seadoo to see where we can make trips with the boat at some point during the season as well....

We need to get serious about this so it can happen.

So.. Lets let this roll through the weekend.

Post any ideas or suggestions and the following week we can come to a majority decision kind of thing.

I am near Cleveland but very willing to travel from west of Cleveland a bit to Ashtabula.

S0me things I know of are,

Geneva on the lake area has a nice marina but not a ton to do right near the area. We could travel east to Eddies Grill.
Fairport, there are a few beaches - Headlands, Coast Guard, and the one directly to the right of the river. I can get us onto CG Beach I would imagine with little issues. It is immediately to the left of the river (west). On the river for food we could eat at Pickle Bills or the fish house (I think it is called Brennans).
Cleveland, lots of protected riding area if the water is rough, Historic submarine to look at, Rock and Roll Hall and Fame building, Shooters restaurant, and a beach to the west.

We need to get serious about this so it can happen.

So.. Lets let this roll through the weekend.

Post any ideas or suggestions and the following week we can come to a majority decision kind of thing.

I am near Cleveland but very willing to travel from west of Cleveland a bit to Ashtabula.

S0me things I know of are,

Geneva on the lake area has a nice marina but not a ton to do right near the area. We could travel east to Eddies Grill.
Fairport, there are a few beaches - Headlands, Coast Guard, and the one directly to the right of the river. I can get us onto CG Beach I would imagine with little issues. It is immediately to the left of the river (west). On the river for food we could eat at Pickle Bills or the fish house (I think it is called Brennans).
Cleveland, lots of protected riding area if the water is rough, Historic submarine to look at, Rock and Roll Hall and Fame building, Shooters restaurant, and a beach to the west.

My wife and I would be coming up from Columbus so about 2.5-3 hour drive for us. I would be up for anywhere but grilling on the sandbar seems like that could be a blast but whatever majority wants. I doubt we would stay overnight so would think we could be up there around 10am and stay until early evening. Are there any North Coast PWC members here as well? I have not met any of them yet but there are 40 members. Could open it up to them as well? Let me know and I could post something over there as well once we pick a date

I'm open to meeting where ever also. Ashtabula has a nice harbor, lots if pertected water, two beaches, the sand bar, and the river has docking with lots of places to eat!!! I would love to meet everbody!!!

,,, Are there any North Coast PWC members here as well? I have not met any of them yet but there are 40 members. Could open it up to them as well? Let me know and I could post something over there as well once we pick a date

Once we lock down some details I think timid fine opening it up to them as well.

Once we lock down some details I think timid fine opening it up to them as well.

So, I am not expecting thsi to be planned around me as I know a date that works for me may not work for someone else. I just looked at my sons baseball website and the season runs through July 23. The schedule will not be up for another several weeks until they make teams but as that final week is tourneys, I doubt I would have anything clear about the dates. The next date I have free is Sunday August 10th. I can lock that date in if it works for everyone else or am fine with any date you guys pick and if I can make it I will and if not, we will need to do another!

I vote we let coastiejoe pick the location. As for a date, I'm free every Sunday. I also agree we should open this up to other members in are area!!!!

I vote we let coastiejoe pick the location. As for a date, I'm free every Sunday. I also agree we should open this up to other members in are area!!!!

More than willing to take charge.

want to let this run a week or so to allow for input.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think that is further out than what most were implying. But,,,, I'm good with two "meet ups",,,,

I think the first one will help to establish a better second one. Maybe the second one can be a longer ride to and from somewhere specific kind of thing.

Thoughts?

Back