OH NO, another oil question!!

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

TOMJ

Anybody out there using (or used) Shell Rotella T6 5w-40 (full synth) in a non s/c Doo?
I am a motorcyle "enthusiast" and lot's of folks use it in bikes with a wet clutch.
Trying to find something other than the Sea Doo oil (over priced) to run in an '06 GTI SE.
I changed to this in my bike ('07 Honda VTX 1300R) from Castrol Syntech, I can NOT find Syntech 10w-40 anywhere any more.
Anyway for $20 a gallon I may give it a shot on the next oil change in the Doo.

Wrong information....
Sorry I mis-read your question.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wouldn't use it unless you want a dead motor. I read their website, it doesn't say anything about PWC. Also their specs are:
SAE Viscosity Grade: 5W-40
API CJ-4, CI-4 PLUS, CI-4, CH-4, C4, SM, SL, SH; ACEA E9; Caterpillar
ECF-3, ECF-2; Cummins CES 20081; DDC 93K218; Ford WSS
M2C171-E; JASO DH2, MA; Mack EO-0 Premium Plus; MAN 3275;
MB Approval 228.31; Volvo VDS-4

It's best to use API-TC. Use Amsoil Interceptor and search the oil threads here, there are lots of them.

SDB, he's got a 4-stroke, it doesn't use injector oil. He's talking about the crankcase oil.

Lou

If you get the specs that the oil meets off the seadoo oil bottle, then use those specs and match to a none seadoo oil then it should be fine.

As long as the specs are the same how the oil works as such will be the same since they meet the same spec.

EDIT: Should also add. This only applies to full syn oils with the 10w40 going to a 5 or even a 0w40 isnt a problem all your doing is making the oil better for cold start it still once warm has the same 40 viscousity that your aiming for.

It is actually surprising they only run a 40 being the engines really get a hard time revving high alot etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have used the non synthetic shell rotella 15w40 in supercharged skis with great results. There's a shop locally that uses non synthetic rotella in everything they service and swears by it. That oil is suppose to be extremely good.

I have used the non synthetic shell rotella 15w40 in supercharged skis with great results. There's a shop locally that uses non synthetic rotella in everything they service and swears by it. That oil is suppose to be extremely good.

Thanks for the info.

I use Rotella in my diesels and bmw bikes (dry clutches) but my 4 tec sled's get mobile one full syn.

I use Rotella in my diesels and bmw bikes (dry clutches) but my 4 tec sled's get mobile one full syn.

I thought about the Mobil 1 but I can not find it in 10w-40 except in the high mileage formulation.
What weight are you using?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back