Observation 2003 vs 2018

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

benjilafouine

Today I was cleaning up (washing) both my skis on the lake: GTI LE 2003 and GTI 90 2018. Lots of mayflies and pine needles and a bit of algae growing.

My 2003 still looks new, people are telling me this all the time. Decals are great, finish is great, feet pads are in very great shape. Only the seat has been recovered because the old vinyl had dried.

My 2018 still looks new but some decals are already bubbly (little tiny bubbles), cover is easy to scratch, seat vinyl and strap look fragile (it would be easy to rip) and a ply has started to developed around the strap, feet pads are made of some kind of black foam material and very easy to scratch.

I know how my 2003 still looks 16 years later but I have the feeling that my 2018 won't age that well. Last time I went to the dealer with my 2018 to install the LinQ base (a month ago), I showed them the decals and one of the tech said: "forget about it, nothing to do to fix them. They don't make Sea-Doos like they did before, everything is now made cheap. I bet your decals on your 2003 are still perfect". And he is right.

I`ll keep taking great care of my 2018 but I wonder how it sill look in 2034... Maybe I won't care anymore at age 70 if I still own it... which I doubt... If I am still around, I will probably want an aluminium fishing boat with a 60 HP engine instead... I am saying that but I went yesterday for a Sea-Doo ride with my mom who climbed aboard at age 84...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back