November run in '98 Challenger 1800

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

wildlifeguy

good day everyone.

Going out tomorrow to purchase a '98 Challenger 1800 like new condition.
We will be using it for work (really) and some pleasure.
As part of our work, we complete shorebird population & ecology assessment along Oakville / Burlington / Hamilton /St.Catherines shorelines. Because of seasonal bird activity in November, we are planning to do a trip this weekend in 15C temp.

Question: The boat has been winterized by previous owner. Whats involved in making it de-winterized for the use on the lake. We store it in heated facility and will venture out in days of 5-10C if we are lucky in December. Any issues with operating it in these temps?
thanks for your input. It's more a tool than a toy. Really... Well My wife believes me and that's what counts. Right?
m

If it was winterized like i do it, nothing but get in and go. You really should be fine to just take it out. I havent used mine in cold weather, but i would think as long as you took it right back to the heated storage everything should be fine.

ok, so now I am a Seadoo Owner.
She's a beauty and we settled for 5,000.00, didn't come bimini as it was lost during a move.
Took it out yesterday in 14c, just at dusk, couldn't believe how warm it was along Oakville shoreline.
Just a couple of noticeable items which I came across.... gauges are screwy - fuel says empty and its full, tach reads 1500 & 2500 with engines off (is this an easy fix), does it usually take a second or two (squat before the jump) to get out of the water when opening throttle , like maybe 2-3 seconds? When I turn the wheel to its extremes at no throttle in harbour, I get a bit of a thrust jolt for a second... normal?

Other than that, hit 50mph in no time, turns great.

btw, he only had the water flushed from engines. Just put it in the water and away we went.

My neighbour also just bought a seadoo speedster, and he has these "water bubbles" on the hull below the waterline on the boat. they look like wet bubbles but when we touched them, they were below the finish. Is this bad or curable, he asked me to ask on this forum.

btw, he only had the water flushed from engines. Just put it in the water and away we went.

My neighbour also just bought a seadoo speedster, and he has these "water bubbles" on the hull below the waterline on the boat. they look like wet bubbles but when we touched them, they were below the finish. Is this bad or curable, he asked me to ask on this forum.

Congrats on Purchase!

1. Fuel guage circuit- Does it always show E? (whether lanyard and battery is on or not)
2. Tachs may need to be replaced
3. Carbs might need some work - do you have grey fuel lines on carbs
4. Steering at low speeds - yes very normal, it allows you to manuever the boat without always having throttle applied. Trust me, you'll come to love it for docking low speed maneuvering etc. Just takes some practice to get used to.

Back