North Texas service?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

noduckingway

Newb in North Texas looking for a dealer to tell me the hours and perform maintenance. I'm north of Dallas, but all the local guys keep telling me they can not read the computer. 2001 Challenger 1800 with Mercury motor 240. Thanks for any guidance provided.

Don't bother with a seadoo dealer. The haven't touched the Merc boats since 2006. Find a legit Mercury outboard dealer. They can get you anything you need... and read out the computer. (but the early 240 is limited)

I'm in Frisco, having the same difficulty. Even mercury Marine dealers here say they will not work on our engines (I've got an '02 utopia 205 240efi). No clue why they feel they can't work on them. The closest I've gotten is Jerry Whittle boats. A guy in their service department told me they 'might' service it, but he had to check with his service manager to see if he would allow it. I was also able to pick up a few parts at Jerry Whittle. If you find a dealer willing to work on yours, please le me know. I'll do the same.

www.whittleboats.com
1-972-221-7070

1700 North I 35 East
Lewisville , TX 75067
United States

Ever since Seadoo parted ways with Mercury (in 2005, but 2006 was the last model year) the engine and drive is serviced by Mercury. The only reason they wouldn't want to work on it, is if they just need an excuse because they are busy. You have to understand that during the warm months... they have more work than they can handle. Ask them to service it in January... and they will jump on it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the tip. Yeah, you're correct about them being slammed. The guy I spoke with at Jerry Whittle (the week prior to July 4th weekend), said they were two to three weeks out on service appointments. My primary concern is the Stator oil change. That pdf instruction write up stuck to the top of the forum looks a little intimidating. I changed the gear oil, spark plugs, temp sensor, fuel filters....but the stator is still looming. Hopefully I can find someone to do that for me for winterizing this fall. I'm not sure I want to try it without having any experience with jets.

Noduckingaway, I'm in McKinney and have the same problem. We keep our boat at Grandpappy's on Texoma and can't find a soul to work on it. The marina folks suggested North Texas Marine in Gainesville. I'm interested if you or Brichjeep07 have found anyone.

Thanks,
Bunkboat

You might try Randy at Eagle Mountain Powersports. Very knowledgable and never seen him turn down anything.

(817) 236-8866
9487 Boat Club Rd
Fort Worth TX 76179
United States

I just called and spoke with Randy at Eagle Mountain, joshdawg's suggestion. Randy said they will no longer service our boats and he didn't know of anyone in the Dallas/Fort Worth area that would. His basic reasoning is that even though its mercury, they're afraid they would get in to it and not be able to get parts. Then they're stuck with a boat that's tore down and can't be put back together. Plus, they don't have the computer software to read our engines. He said he had heard of a small 'mom and pop' place in Louisville where Phil Dill service department has been referring seadoo owners, but he didn't know the name of the shop. Looks like this was another dead end. Thanks for trying though, Joshdawg! Anybody have other suggestions?

Also tried Larry's Automotive and marine in plano, they said no jet boats. Tried Plano Marine, they said they wont touch it.

I talked to Grant at Marine Max Dallas 972-436-9979. He said they would do the stator oil for $129 per hour of labor plus the cost of the oil. However, I'm not sure he really understood what he was agreeing to. At first he thought I was talking about the 2 stroke oil tank. I explained where the stator is, between the impeller and steering tube, he said they would do it. He also said if he isn't available when i'm ready to do it, talk to Brett.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back