Non Running 95 XP 800 With Goodies. Value?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY. I can see easily 800-1000 in parts alone. And thats not including the hood because I don't know what its worth without the scoop. Whos selling it? A local, a shop, someone who knows what they have or someone who doesnt have a clue? Off them 300$ and run. does it not have a seat?

Since we have some wiley craigslist veterans in here Let's talk offer strategy.

Currently my co worker and I have differing opinions on how best to buy the ski.

I have a 'max' price that I want to pay for the boat only without the trailer. My plan was to go in and offer a bit less than my max and see if he bites or counter offers at my max.

My coworkers opinion is to bring the max I am going to pay and pull it out in cash, make it an all or nothing kind of deal. Walk if he doesn't bite.

This guy doesn't know much about Seadoos and wouldn't know carbon fiber from fiberglass.

He wants to sell with the trailer, and I want just the ski.

What is the best way to get the ski at the best price in your experience?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offer 400$ for the package. Pull it out in 20$'s and drop it on the hood. Point out it's a non running 1995 Seadoo

I like Adam's idea. If he doesn't bite throw in another $100. You can sell the trailer for more than you are going to pay for it. It being the trailer.

What's your max price? I agree, don't offer him full pop; start low and work up. Don't forget to point out that it's weathered to shit and hasn't been taken care of at all.

Never spit out the first price, never! You have no idea what this guy's thinking. It could realistically be anywhere from two hundred to two grand. Your # should be $800. If he says 5 you try not to stumble and say "ooooook? I was thinking 4. I guess I could go 5, the trailer comes with it right?"

Then you drag it home with a huge smile on your face and sell me about $600 worth of parts off it.

Well, I went by on my lunch break and the Ski followed me home.

I pretty much stole this thing, it is fate is to be determined. I am unsure if I want to part it out or fix it.

Yesterday he said I could have it with the trailer for $600. I drove away and started this thread, knowing I would be picking it up but wanted to make sure I didn't over pay.

I already have a nice galvanized trailer at home so I wasn't really interested in the little trailer it came with. I told him that yesterday, since he thought the trailer to be worth $300 all day.

Today I went and offered him my "top dollar" $400 for the whole setup with trailer and extra brass pump/ skat prop. He scoffed at the offer and "couldn't do it". He lowered his price to $500 meeting me in the middle. I told him I had a firm budget in place by my wife and couldn't get there.

I suggested $360 and he keeps the trailer.

He countered $400

I countered $380 and we shook on it.

He let me take the ski and trailer home to unload on my stand. I am very glad I didn't buy the trailer. The bearings howled and popped. Tires were dry rotted. Lights busted.

This XP is sitting in my shop now on my stand waiting for some soap and water and I will dig in soon and find out what is actually wrong and what is needed to get it running.

Unfortunately we just moved into a new house over the weekend and my truck died (no spark) so I am in the midst of a few more pressing projects.

Hopefully I will be able to clean her up and see what we are working with soon.

Man you stole that thing!!! I will give you $550 for it and you want even have to wash it. Lol

So I had a little time to review my purchase. Here are a few more pics.

55.jpg

APE rev limiter?

56.jpg

57.jpg

MSD water injection

58.jpg

Worx intake grate

Can anyone tell me about the MSD and APE parts? Are they part of the factory pipe kit?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I picked up a 95 xp800 in the spring for $300 that had the exact MSD thing. It had a Rossier pipe and pretty much the same stuff you have minus the hood and nozzles. this one is an older build like mine was. My big ticket was a set of NOVI carbs!

Yes I can tell you all about those parts. The APE rev limiter was made by Micro touch but it does not control the water solenoid. The MSD water controller has a lot more options with the settings. It senses rpm through the plug wires and kicks the water to the pipe on and off at the rpm's you set it at. Did I mention I like to send people Paypal money for this stuff?

I'll take the MSD water injection controller if you plan on parting it out. I hope you get it running though. I hate seeing 95 xp's getting parted.

So I have a sale pending to Matt on the hood and water injection controller.

I will end up parting out the rest of the ski and will make a new thread in the for sale section here and on some other forums. After I pull the parts and take pictures (This weekend)

In the mean time if there is a part that you want feel free to send me a PM with an offer.

I hate to part this thing out but the engine is toast and I think it is the best way to move forward.

For Sale

-Factory Spec II pipe
-TDR water box
-APE Rev limiter
-Complete drive shaft and pump extension setup (Unique to 95XP's, but will fit other X4 hull)
-Vortex Flame Arrestors

Possible Sale

-True Cad Red Top Auto Drop Trim- Really want to try this out but may sell for the right price
-R&D nozzle setup- Have these on my XP already but may want to transfer to my GSX, will sell for right price
-UMI Finger Throttle with Start/Stop Button- Want to try it out first.
-Renthal Bars
-Skat Swirl 17/22

Pending Sale:

Not For Sale/Sold

*Sponsons
*Intake Grate
*Hood
*MSD

If you see something else that you want let me know, I will likely sell it as well.

Thanks!

Feel free to PM me for my phone number if you would like to text/talk about parts or condition.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am interested in the flame arrestors, the renthal bars, and the umi finger throttle. How much do you want for the nozzle?

PM details on the engine please. Slight possible interest in it.

I thought I heard stalking......

1.jpg

I am interested in the flame arrestors, the renthal bars, and the umi finger throttle. How much do you want for the nozzle?

Ryan,

I have someone who already has 'dibs' on the nozzles, should I choose to sell.

Hopefully today I will pull some parts and post a for sale thread, if I don't sell these bars and throttle I do have another set I will sell you.

I'll keep y'all in the loop.

Racer, as for the engine, the mag is 155, pto is 30. How about I give you the engine and you build it up with all those sweet NOS parts you are able to find?

Actually my current plans are to rebuild it over the winter to have a spare.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back