Non Running 95 XP 800 With Goodies. Value?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Krispy

Driving through town today I noticed out of the corner of my eye a yellow Seadoo.

I stopped by to inquire, here are pics of what I found.

15.jpg

16.jpg

17.jpg

18.jpg

19.jpg

20.jpg

21.jpg

22.jpg

23.jpg

24.jpg

25.jpg

26.jpg

27.jpg

Comes with this extra pump/prop

28.jpg

29.jpg

I turned the engine over by hand with no problem, I am told it needs a 'computer'

What aftermarket parts are we looking a here?

I see a cf hood
Sponsons
Intake grate
Flame arrestors
Drop trim
Factory Pipe (spec 1 or 2??)
UMI finger throttle
TDR water box
Some type of fittings on said box?
R&D Nozzle

What is this thing worth as a whole?
What about parts?

I am trying to decide if I want to:

A. Buy it and steal some parts, keep the engine as a spare/ rebuild over winter. And part out the rest.

B. Fix it and get it back on the water

C. Or just pass?

I looked for the engine serial number and the plate was missing, can't confirm if it is an 'x' motor or not

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think they remove the tags at sbt. Every 800 I have looked at with a sbt motor in it didn't have a tag.

Several people have expressed interest in parts, and if I buy and decide not to put it back in the water I would be willing to sell it as parts.

I need to figure out a good price so that I don't end up upside down in this ski like I did with my other 2.

Anyone see any mods I missed? Care to throw out values for the parts?

Calling [MENTION=51824]Matt Braley[/MENTION]

Well, I know this is probably going to cause an uproar, personally I think all the "goodies" actually de-value the ski, I like to see a 95XP800 oem, all original, maybe it's just me.

Lou

The air arrester is trash...all rusty. The thing in the pic just before that what is it?....looks bad.

Other than that, lots of goodies on it, although BRP does a pretty good job of getting the max out these motors.
What are the hours and compression?

Buy Buy Buy!!! I love these old racers and can't imagine how anyone wouldn't. It's not just a drop nozzle but a "auto drop". See the springs? It points downward when the nozzle goes to either side to dig into the corners and then it returns to the high point in the center.
The grey box will have a Micro Touch rev limiter in it that also controls the water injection solenoid for the pipe. The solenoid itself is on that billet strainer. The cable trim is made by True Cad Red Top. Water box is the Tony Doukas Racing (TDR), FA's are Vortex Ocean pro.

I see a primer kit, bilge kit, Jet Works flow control valve, Odyssey sponsons, and a Tiny Tach. What kind of gauge is on the steering stem? Looks like a Worx or R&D scoop grate.

Now the hood.....wow. If you sold it for $300 to someone you would be doing them a favor. Most are cracked, is this one? It's really sweet. Probably ATM (Advance Tech Marine) I want it also of coarse.

As much as I love this stuff it's still a dead Doo on a trailer. Any talk of a grand would be too much. I'd like to be in it at 6-8 but we don't always get to choose, lol.

Not a full UMI system, just bars.

I am told the MPEM is toast, and haven't checked hours or compression.

And Lou, I agree the goodies don't add value to the ski as a unit, but they do have value individually. Every body loves true survivors!

Well, I know this is probably going to cause an uproar, personally I think all the "goodies" actually de-value the ski, I like to see a 95XP800 oem, all original, maybe it's just me.

Lou

I agree Lou I like them stock! This one doesn't look in pristine shape though and Goodies are goodies

Buy Buy Buy!!! I love these old racers and can't imagine how anyone wouldn't. It's not just a drop nozzle but a "auto drop". See the springs? It points downward when the nozzle goes to either side to dig into the corners and then it returns to the high point in the center.
The grey box will have a Micro Touch rev limiter in it that also controls the water injection solenoid for the pipe. The solenoid itself is on that billet strainer. The cable trim is made by True Cad Red Top. Water box is the Tony Doukas Racing (TDR), FA's are Vortex Ocean pro.

I see a primer kit, bilge kit, Jet Works flow control valve, Odyssey sponsons, and a Tiny Tach. What kind of gauge is on the steering stem? Looks like a Worx or R&D scoop grate.

Now the hood.....wow. If you sold it for $300 to someone you would be doing them a favor. Most are cracked, is this one? It's really sweet. Probably ATM (Advance Tech Marine) I want it also of coarse.

As much as I love this stuff it's still a dead Doo on a trailer. Any talk of a grand would be too much. I'd like to be in it at 6-8 but we don't always get to choose, lol.

I knew I could count on you for the info. What factory pipe is that?

I think the gauge is water pressure. It had me perplexed.

30.jpg

Factory pipe is a Spec 2. You can always tell because a Spec 1 utilizes the stock exhaust manifold. The prop is a Skat swirl probably 16/24.

if u want to get it back on the water. which in my opinion you should. that thing is sick and will bring u a bunch of smiles.. i will sell you a front grey electrical box with mpem and key for 100 bucks...... its from a 1996 xp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back