No Sports Mode 2011 RXT X 260

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nafe

Have just taken out our newly acquired 2011 RXT X 260 and cannot activate Sports mode. Manual says all RXT's should have Sports mode, instruments have Green Sports mode light up on ignition but no driving options menu or doesn't activate when holding set. Any ideas ?

Are you sure you are using the normal key and not the learner key? It won't activate with a learner key.

Press and hold set for at least 3 seconds and you should see a warning message and beeps about sport mode. Then you have to press the set button again to enter sport mode and you'll get a confirmation message and beep along with the green sport mode light. You can also enter sport mode by using the menu system. Press mode to get to driving mode, press set to get to sport mode and you'll press set again to activate.

I suggest you download the operators manual free from the seadoo website. All this info along with lots of other safety info is there.

Are you sure you are using the normal key and not the learner key? It won't activate with a learner key.

Press and hold set for at least 3 seconds and you should see a warning message and beeps about sport mode. Then you have to press the set button again to enter sport mode and you'll get a confirmation message and beep along with the green sport mode light. You can also enter sport mode by using the menu system. Press mode to get to driving mode, press set to get to sport mode and you'll press set again to activate.

I suggest you download the operators manual free from the seadoo website. All this info along with lots of other safety info is there.

Thanks for replying much appreciated - yes I already have the original operation manual folder come with the ski and have read it a few times just to make sure. Definitely not the learner key i have a green key labelled learner, I'm using the yellow normal key and the ski performs quite well at a top speed of 110km/h but it just has a very laggy take off so I don't think it's in learner mode lol. I did think about that but nothing else says to me it's in learner mode.
The only thing I can think off is a dealer has stuffed up the original programming at some stage

It will tell you as soon as you put the key on which key it is reading, normal or learner. Are you getting this message on the lcd?

It sounds like you are using the normal key if you are getting that top speed. What exactly does it do when you press and hold set? Does it not register at all, beep, read anything on lcd? I have seen those buttons fail. Does mode button work to get to other modes but there is no driving mode?

It's unlikely that the dealer messed up the programming but anything is possible.

It will tell you as soon as you put the key on which key it is reading, normal or learner. Are you getting this message on the lcd?

It sounds like you are using the normal key if you are getting that top speed. What exactly does it do when you press and hold set? Does it not register at all, beep, read anything on lcd? I have seen those buttons fail. Does mode button work to get to other modes but there is no driving mode?

It's unlikely that the dealer messed up the programming but anything is possible.

- true yes your right it says Normal Key on start up. So you can change the settings for learner in the menu etc. Mode and set buttons work great but there just isn't the option for any driving modes at all and nothing at happens by holding down Set either motor running or not. My instruments have the green Sports Mode, Ski Mode, Cruise etc symbols but not in the lcd part, there is an ECO mode in the main lcd though.

It needs to be running and in forward for it to work.

Yep have tried everything. You should be able to activate it going at any speed. What baffles me is there is not even a driving mode option in the menu so maybe the feature is missing altogether. No one has ever heard of this and I can't find one report online it's annoying.

I've seen options completely disappear before but don't recall the sport mode missing. The solution was either to reprogram/reflash/reload/remarry the software or completely replace the ECU. A competent dealer should be able to solve the problem.

I've seen options completely disappear before but don't recall the sport mode missing. The solution was either to reprogram/reflash/reload/remarry the software or completely replace the ECU. A competent dealer should be able to solve the problem.

Thanks heaps. Your right I think a dealer is the next step something is a miss with ECU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back