2014 sea-doo RXT-260 No Start

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tunsworth10

Need some help….

I just purchased a 2014 RXT-260 with 59 hours… was taken care of by an older couple. They sold it because they were moving.

I picked it up filled with 11gallons of Rec fuel and added fuel injection cleaner that the owner gave me and would mix in every year.

The first 5-10 min, the unit was not woken up and would not go full speed, would max out around 35. Would keep going quicker the longer it was ridden. But took about 5-10 min to get up to 67MPH

The next weekend for the first 30 min everything was great, running with no problem full speed and all. Then a low battery voltage message came on along with the check engine light. I shut the unit down and it came back on under load. I changed the battery with another older battery that was changed and the same thing happened after 30-45.

The next day I changed the battery again so my wife could ride it for the first time. So i put the unit in Eco mode and 5 min into the ride it bogged down on power and died… no lights or messages.

I towed it back and the unit would only crank but would not start.

I took the unit to a local dealer and they are a month out before they can really get into it… but was able to do a quick check… they first tested the battery and asked to put a new one in…along with spark plugs… and the unit will still only crank will not start.

Any suggestions…. Can the resistor I have read about cause the unit not to start. I believe I have a charging issue but don’t know what is keeping it from starting now.

I have put 2 hours on the unit.

Any and all help is much appreciated and the seller and I are still in-contact …. Trying to figure out what’s wrong and hopefully will make it right.

First off, when you filled it was it 91 octane or higher? These units are high strung and have a knock sensor, so it will pull back the timing with detonation from low octane fuel. Also, the fuel could have water in it as well.

Next, I would check the grounds to make sure they are clean and tight as that could explain your issues. If it throws a low voltage yet it turns over normally, this can point to a bad ground.

If you have a multimeter and it will run, check the voltage. Battery voltage off should be around 12.4 - 12.7 and running is should be 13.4 to 14.3.

Again, if the grounds are loose or corroded, you will get charging and other issues.

I believe it was 89 octane but know it was rec fuel.

I did not check the grounds. I was thinking about just getting a new Voltage Regulator to eliminate that issue.

How fast did you tow it back? If you towed it any faster than idle speed then you probably filled the engine with water and that is why it won't start.

It died before it was towed.. while being towed it was towed at idle speed.

The unit cranks, wants to start.. like it hits once or twice but wont start...

The dealer put a new battery in and new spark plugs and still will only crank... They have not been able to get back into it.

It is tough to troubleshoot this without having access to it.

Air, Fuel, Spark....

Air

* Idle Control Valve?
* Water in intake.?(IC Leak)

Fuel

*Fuel Pressure ?(Pump failure or Obstruction.
* Fuel injectors (ECU issue)

Spark

* ECU issue
* Grounds

Cheers,

If the dealer does not get back into it by Friday, I’m going to pick it up and check the following.

Check for spark. The dealer installed new plugs.
Install a new voltage Regulator - I just purchased.
Change the fuel. I know I put in Rec-89.
Check all my grounds.

Cross my fingers that I can get it running.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back