No spark... 1995 Sea-Doo spi

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leecamo_5

I have a spi that is not getting no spark from the spark plugs. I have replaced the spark plugs and still don’t have any. Is there anything I can check?? Maybe in the electrical box?

First thing we need to know is... do you have a regular kill switch on your lanyard... or is it the digital type with a chip/metal contacts in the lanyard?

I found some ground wires loose and got spark back to the plugs. Now I turn the engine over with the plugs out and it shoots oil/gas/ water to the roof so I believe it is hydro locked. What can I do to get all of that out?

I had similar problem. Put a towel over the top and crank engine. That will probably clean them out.

I have completely got all of the water out of the cylinders and it still will not fire I sprayed WD-40 in them to try and displace any remaining water and still won’t fire up

What kind of spark are you getting at the plugs? None? You said you were getting some earlier, maybe just not enuf.
Fuel? Thats the other ingredient. Carb filters cleaned, fuel lines replaced?

It’s a good solid blue spark from both plugs. I have some new fuel lines I am planning on replacing them today. The grey fuel lines are in there now and I have heard that they are no good and need to be replaced

The carb filters are probably already clogged. You will find info re the cleaning on this forum. And also the fuel switch should be cleaned. I added an outboard fuel filter in the fuel line to avoid having to tear into the carbs again. I had the same issues when I first got my SPX's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back