Newbie Action Cam Question

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Hi, I have never used a action cam before but using it for the first time shortly.

I have a Sony AS20 action cam with 32gb card.
What I would be a good program to put on a Windows computer to edit video footage, add music etc?

Thanks everyone
Chris

Start with the free stuff and go from there. Windows Live Movie Maker is free and will handle high res video easily. If you have an ipad, iMovie is a good choice for starting off.

Once you get the feel for editing, or find the limitations, there are tons of other options only limited by your budget. I have heard of a good one from Sony, and of course Adobe has a series of products from the sub-$100 to the commercial products.

All you have is time to spend learning them. But once you do, it's pretty cool.

Quick tip: many of the entry programs have the ability to one-click upload to YouTube. I have found whenever I have done that, it defaults to a much lower resolution. Since then, I have been able to upload manually through a browser and keep my resolution and minimize compression.

I only realized that even the raw footage from my GoPro is much higher when I don't even edit it. But there is always some editing needed. I uploaded some raw footage of my buddies new lake lot, as I wanted it up quickly. That video on Youtube on a Retina Display is amazing compared to my edits!!

Good luck!

Check out my examples on my Youtube channel. www.biff.org

Back