New Traction Mat

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

Mike78634

Hello all
newbie here and I wanted to see if anyone could give me some advise here. I need to replace my traction mat on my 02 GTI LE. The rear portion is starting to crumble away . I noticed that it has pop rivets holding the mat down to the body. Has any one replaced there mat if so here's My questions...

1. Do I cut all the rivets out?
2. Will the new mat come with replacement rivets? ( Hydro turf or Black tip)
3. If I need to fill in the rivet hole what would be the best method to do so.

Hi & Welcome to the forum.

Just drill them out, take off the plastic caps first & use a bit the same size, some metal shavings may fall into the hull.

I used marine epoxy to fill the holes then sanded them a bit & also the smooth part of the hull under the mats.

I installed Black Tip with the adhesive backing to it.....easy as pie to install. The BT mats are a bit harder/stiffer material than the HydroTurf mats. On my next replacement I'm using the HM to see the difference.

Attachments

• new mats stern-12.JPG
    new mats stern-12.JPG
    406.8 KB · Views: 35
  • epoxy filler-9.JPG
    epoxy filler-9.JPG
    347.6 KB · Views: 28
  • stern cleaned-6.JPG
    stern cleaned-6.JPG
    393.5 KB · Views: 30
Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Seadoobuddy for the quick reply . I'm glad to hear its not that hard to do :) I will get my mat ordered and start on it .

Thanks again

If you want to go with Hydro-turf check out www.pwcmuscle.com they sponsor the site and offer discounts to members [MENTION=2]hfgreg[/MENTION] can get you hooked up. I have BT and hydro, I like them both but I like the Hydro better I think.

Back