New to me 1994 speedster

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cheflen

I just picked up a 1994 speedster, it’s probably my 100th 2 stroke seadoo, but my first seadoo boat so I have a few questions. I picked it up for 800 in the middle of the winter, needs a lot of cleaning and buffing but the seats are in pretty good condition. The previous owner said the engines were just rebuilt and he didn’t finish installing them when he lost his storage space. They’re in the boat and assembled but the exhaust is off along with all the cables. I poured a little premix in one of them and it fired right up, the other one couldn’t turn over fast enough, that brings me to my first question.

what kind of battery set up is supposed to be used in this? I just took a battery from my 96 xp and one motor turned over slowly, and the other one barely turned over at all (the crank moves freely by hand) also, I saw two positive battery cables and only one negative cable. When I hooked up the first positive cable and tried starting the motors, nothing happened, and when I switched the positive cables the motor started. Why is there two positive and only one negative? Maybe I didn’t look hard enough for another negative cable, it was cold outside so I didn’t mess with it that much

my other question is the reverse gates won’t move at all for me, I put the throttles down to idle and the shift lever still won’t move for me, I’m thinking the cable is frozen from the winter weather, but is there anything else I should try?

Has anyone installed a stereo system in this? That would be another thing I want to do, trying to look for the best location without cutting too much into the fiberglass

I also wanted to install a depth finder, anyone have a set up for the transducer?

thanks in advance, here’s the photosD4C564AA-D91B-4C99-BF49-512238F9FB4D.jpegDBB8D0DB-76BA-4852-8FD1-5572D137566F.jpeg0B879EB2-3654-462F-BD4F-D4EDC890F812.jpeg8637B94A-A8D7-4637-931C-877C81583A6E.jpegF7B113E4-07BD-41EB-87B0-555BDAEF6F1E.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back