New Owner 2008 SEADOO WAKE 215

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lebanese_Dj

Hi Everyone,

I picked up a used 2008 Seadoo Wake 215 with 6 hrs on it. The owner bought it May 2009 from Iwoa and used it once or twice in fresh water, had it winterized. He then moved to Texas and drove it down with him, sat in his garage till I picked it up 2 days ago. Now I am have never owned one before but let me know what to start with. It came with extended warranty till 2014, a new trailer, 3 Seadoo life vests, towing rope and some new in the box 2 seater tube. I felt bad for the seller as he paid $14K (I saw the receipt) but i picked it up for $7500. I think I got a great deal but you guys can judge and let me know.
I have MANY questions....I dont even have a truck to tow it (friend towed it), so I am looking for a decent SUV, Pathfinder or a 4runner....

1- What should I start with, the weather in Texas is still a bit cold to take it down to the lake
2-Should I transfer the warranty and how do I do that,
3- what are the things I need to do to insure safe 1st time use.
4- It doesnt have a cover, anyone can let me know where i can get a Seadoo cover for it, online they run $160...is that the going price for it...
5- Do I take it to the local Texas dealer (I called the Iwoa dealer that he purchases it from and has the paperwork for it) and they said just to connect the battery and it is ready to go since they winterized it.....
6- What does the warranty cover....how do I keep up with the extended warranty....
7- Battery is out, what if the battery is dead, how do you charge it....

I know I should read the manual but I dont have it, the previous owner will find it and mail it to me.
I will read and learn on this forum but I dont want to make mistakes, I am looking at a worry free summer. Fuel type premium,

I am sorry for all these questions, I am excited and anxious at the same time to learn.
Thanks in advance.....

No friendly takers? I am new to the Jetski world and trying to pick up some tips before taking it down to the water....

I purchased a cover, but still need help in how the extended warranty works and if I should change the oil before hitting the water? The previous owner said it was winterized in Iowa....so how do de-winterize it?

Overtons.com for a good cover $120 or so

Def call the iowa dealer for service info

Id buy a new just to be safe, then buy a trickle charger

Cheackk all hoses, bolts etc for wear , looseness. Check steering, wiring etc

1- What should I start with, the weather in Texas is still a bit cold to take it down to the lake - Not sure what you mean here, personally, i am waiting for the water to hit 65 degrees here(which i think happened this weekend) then i will take mine out.
2-Should I transfer the warranty and how do I do that, You will need to contact BRP on this one, i think the intructions for warranty transfer are in the users guide. If you didnt get that from the previous owner, you can download them from the owner center at www.sea-doo.com
3- what are the things I need to do to insure safe 1st time use. Each state is different on what is required. I always bring water, some dry food, extra sunscreen, eye protection, a towell or two(normally keep a small hand towel in the little "glove box"). You will need a whistle or something allong those lines. I am sure i am missing a few things. Make sure you use premium since you have a SCIC model.

6- What does the warranty cover....how do I keep up with the extended warranty.... The warranty covers manufacturer issues. Nothing from abuse or neglect. Make sure most major servicing is done my a BRP certified mechanic. By law, they cannot void a warranty if you perform your own basic servicing, but they can void it if said servicing is done incorrectly. Just make sure that you take it in for the "10 hour maintenance" and the "100 hour SC Maintanence" and you should be fine.

I hope you enjoy your new Sea-Doo, i am sure you will love the power it puts out :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back